Cathy Dennis | Page 22 | The Popjustice Forum

Cathy Dennis

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by absintheboy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. You never know in what state they heard the demos in though.

I recall Cathy in an interview saying they wrote Can't Get You Out of My Head with Sophie in mind and that it was more of a guitar-led song (think the version Kylie originally performed on the On a Night Like This tour).

2. I think so too.

This was another good performance on the Pops.

DirtyMonkey and Vasilios like this.
  3. They went all out recreating the album art and video!

4. Sophie who? B Hawkins?

5. Ellis Bextor.

6. Oh I think I can be forgiven for forgetting her. Thankfully it went to its rightful owner!

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Do you know I had that album for years before I ever noticed that the ribbon spelled out Cathy...

[​IMG]

Gioroll, bichard, Noir and 1 other person like this.
  8. Haha

Not sure I like the flash reflection from when they took a pic of the pic with the ribbon but oh well.

9. Me just now. Hehe

Eric Generic and Cowboystyle like this.
  10. THIS! This was the first time I'd ever seen Cathy after hearing this song on the radio. Aw, the memories. Stunning. I immediately went out and bought Into the Skyline (or rather got my Dad to buy it).

11. That ribbon, in 1992, was to music then, what Rachel Steven's awful gloves were in 2005.

Eric Generic, Vasilios and Noir like this.
  12. That bothered the hell out of me, so much so that I didn't realise the ribbon spelled out Cathy either!

Vasilios likes this.
  13. Just realised Dua Lipa is on Polydor, Cathy should write her the smash she needs.

Uno likes this.
  14. How good are the b-sides on the "When Dreams Turn To Dust" single?! You can see where she would have gone had she expanded on the Am I The Kinda Girl sound with another album.

I'm happy she made those "Bumper To Bumper" coins and took the opportunity to venture off into songwriting but the world deserves another Cathy Dennis record, damn it.

biffy77 likes this.
  15. I love the plethora of B-sides from that album. It's my fav Cathy album as well!

16. I need to track down those B-sides as I love the album. Does anyone have a full list?

Eric Generic likes this.
  17. Sunny Afternoon
    Baggage
    I Just Love You
    Run Like A River
    Consolation
    Rollercoaster
    Fade Away

I think that's all of them.

Eric Generic likes this.
  18. Ooo lots then!

19. There's also a new recording of Falling, which I think improves the song a lot.

roblognick and Vasilios like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.