Cathy Dennis | Page 48 | The Popjustice Forum

Cathy Dennis

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by absintheboy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Love's A Cradle was going to be part of that unreleased album or was recorded later?

roblognick likes this.
  2. Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2022
  3. Is Cathy’s demo of “Can’t Get You Out of My Head” out there somewhere online?

4. LA Ex would have been an iconic addition to In the Zone. Britney would have imbued it with personality the way only she can. That said, Rachel’s icy, aloof delivery perfectly captures the sense of detached disinterest the lyrics describe. Ultimately I think it landed where it was supposed to.

lucasdc, hologram, collxtion and 4 others like this.
  5. Same. I can't imagine anyone else singing Can't Get You Out of My Head either. LA Ex just works for Rachel.

6. http://www.fascinationmanagement.com/cathy-dennis
    Is this meaning anything ? Who knows...
    They manage Will Young, Shakespear's Sister, Jessie Ware, Goldfrapp and Steps, too.
    If you click on the Artist link, it goes to bananarama.co.uk, tho'!
    I don't like the deluxe edition of WY new GH.
    Shakespear's Sister reissues are quite good
    Jessie Ware... I could only dream a collaboration with Cathy !
    Goldfrapp... see Jessie!
    Steps... I don't know, never been a fan, but I must admit their current profile is quite high

7. I think that page has been up there for quite a while now. Wish she'd release some more solo music.

8. They manage Cathy Dennis at least since 2019.
    Re "Artist Website", there are actually 2 links if you look at carefully. The first one goes to bananarama's website, the second one goes to cathydennisofficial.com . I think that's just a mistake.

beautifulmorning likes this.
  9. Yeah, pretty sure she's been with them for a while.

10. Which remix is this?

IEngineered and vendredi like this.
  11. It's the Touch This Mix, which may be my favourite. It's not on her Artist Spotify but is on there via some compilations.

elektricblue likes this.
  12. Does anyone know the official name for this specific mix of Touch Me, which is kind of like the 7” mix, but has extra production bits (eg the a-a-a-all night stuttering effect)?

burntoutcar and Liberty like this.
  13. I'm not sure if it's correct but possibly "Hot Mix"?

Jacques likes this.
  14. This was the mix on my CD from the nineties, which I played inside out. I was quite surprised to hear a different version on the deluxe edition a few years ago!

lob0to likes this.
  15. burntoutcar likes this.
  16. I think that’s the American 7” mix? The one played on radio etc

burntoutcar likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.