CDjustice | Page 25 | The Popjustice Forum

CDjustice

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Dennis, Sep 16, 2020.

1. I've been replacing my original Pet Shop Boys CDs with the Further Listening double CDs as I find them, but even now that I've got the Very/Further Listening double CD, I couldn't get rid of the original because the Lego case is too special.

2. I should have held onto my lego case. I get rid of the originals when I replaced them with the Further Listening releases.

3. I got rid of all the originals, bar Very Lego and the frosted Bilingual. The only original I went back and re-bought (sort of) was Actually, when I found an original US 1987 CD pressing on Manhattan Records.

CDMCLP, Angeleyes and IEngineered like this.
  4. Talking about the rebirth of cdsingle, New Order are releasing a 13-track cdsingle on Aug 27 !
    1. Be a Rebel
    2. Be a Rebel (Bernard’s Renegade Mix)
    3. Be a Rebel (Stephen’s T34 Mix)
    4. Be a Rebel (Bernard’s Renegade Instrumental Mix)
    5. Be a Rebel (Paul Woolford Remix New Order Edit)
    6. Be a Rebel (JakoJako Remix)
    7. Be a Rebel (Maceo Plex Remix)
    8. Be a Rebel (Melawati Remix)
    9. Be a Rebel (Bernard’s Outlaw Mix)
    10. Be a Rebel (Arthur Baker Remix)
    11. Be a Rebel (Mark Reeder’s Dirty Devil Remix)
    12. Be a Rebel (Edit)
    13. Be a Rebel (Renegade Spezial Edit)
    It obviously costs as a normal cd ! Whatever !

ModeRed, Humanracin and Angeleyes like this.
  5. Cross-posting from Vinyljustice - hiya x

Does anyone have experience with offloading large collections of CDs to collectors or second hand stores?

I’ve got about 250 that I’d like to get rid of. Discogs says the MINIMUM value is around £350 for them all. I’d happily part with them for about £200.

burntoutcar, Future Lover and Mvnl like this.
  6. I like Be A Rebel. But not THAT much.

ModeRed, Eric Generic and CDMCLP like this.
  7. It's been a year or more since I last took some boxes to my regular used store haunts, so things may have changed. It also might depend on location. But if I took a box of 250 CDs to any of them, I'd be offered about £125 at the most. Probably less. Even 50p was becoming "generous" in early 2020, just before CV19.

lob0to and Rhombus like this.
  8. Do you have a link to your collection?

ModeRed likes this.
  9. 2014 and Eric Generic like this.
  10. Terrific now I’ve bought the vinyl and downloads already. Ffs!

…no doubt I’ll still get it for my NO cd singles collection…

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    Eric Generic likes this.
  11. The Olivia one is now £3.56 on Amazon UK... bought it simply for the novelty of a CD single existing for a song I like in 2021!

AcerBenII likes this.
  12. Hi gerls, I'm back.

How would I go about ascertaining the price of signed CDs? I have quite a few signed copies but I can't find evidence of them having sold in the past.

ModeRed likes this.
  13. I’ve sold some of my signed CDs in the past and I found eBay was best for this because then the auctions speak for itself. Usually I’d get £20-£30 but it also depends on the artist.

14. burntoutcar likes this.
  15. Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help me please?

Anyone here have good techniques to use when switching CD cases without damaging the booklet and back cover? Is there a special way to switch over the back cover and make sure the spines are placed straight? (Professionally as if you just bought the CD from the CD shop?)

Thanks in advance.

16. Lorde is the devil.
    #cdjustice

2014, Mr Brightside, Skyline and 10 others like this.
  17. As long as the replacement case isn't smaller than the original (newer, inferior cases seem to sometimes be like this), you shouldn't damage anything. Also as long as a booklet isn't really thick (hello Roxette's Don't Bore Us!) again it won't need to be spoiled and should slide in and out easily.

I always take the inlay out by applying a little pressure on the corners/hinges of the rear case so that the plastic tray pops out, usually one corner at a time but depending on how tightly it's housed it may only need one little tweak to release. The inlay will fit into the new rear case without needing any alignment. They're perforated so that the spines go automatically into position. You can always gently run the edge of your finger along the angle of the inlay to make it a smoother fit and to look better when viewed from the outside.

Some people slide booklets in from the right, some the left. Doesn't really matter too much, as long as you're careful and keep the booklet flat and straight enough to slide under the holding tabs.

burntoutcar, CDMCLP, Daniel L and 4 others like this.
  18. Thank you so much for the tips and for taking the time to write them out. Hopefully my future CD case swapping goes well.

burntoutcar and Eric Generic like this.
  19. Taking out booklets with the static that effects it - slide in another piece of paper between plastic and booklet - easily slides out!

20. That's a good idea. But yes, I don't know what modern CD cases are made of these days but getting the booklet out of them can be a nightmare - in the olden days they'd almost fall out of their own accord.

That's always the best - or worst - example of a CD booklet. Both my and a friend of mine's examples have fallen apart too due to the sheer thickness of it.

ModeRed and maikos87 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.