CDjustice | Page 27 | The Popjustice Forum

CDjustice

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Dennis, Sep 16, 2020.

1. It's not the same, but what I have been doing recently is using Freeprints app and sending off for 5x5 photo prints (19p each + postage). Get a front and a back cover, put a CD in the middle and slip it in a PVC sleeve and it looks like a single slipcase housed in plastic (like in French supermarkets).

Angeleyes and ModeRed like this.
  2. Hi divas.

I've finally whittled down what I'm keeping and selling from my CD collection.

I'm looking to sell about 200 CDs in bulk. Here's the link:
    https://www.discogs.com/user/conversationsover/collection

If you're interested (or have any tips for bulk-selling) then please let me know!

xx

2014 likes this.
  3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

You're basically selling... my CD collection?

4. Popjustices of a feather flock together

5. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah except for the fact that what you're getting rid of is what I'm keeping..?

2014 likes this.
  6. ... oops!

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  7. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Anyone (outside) the UK got any experiences with collecting/buying old/second hand CD (singles) online?
    Like I'm after a whole bunch, things like the original version of Rachel Stevens' & Atomic Kitten's debut albums, Hear'say and Precious singles.. overall all kinds of stuff I'm sure wouldn't cost more than a few cents in a thrift shop but prices get ridiculous when I end up paying shipping per item. What's the best way to get those kind of items? Discogs? Ebay? Amazon Marketplace? Buying lots? (I'm also not against buying entire discographies at once but.. yeah it seems like a really random matter of luck finding those on ebay as well)

8. Yes it is annoying when you know something would be 50p in a charity shop but you have to pay £3 for it online because of delivery. For those sort of singles I tend to look for a Discogs seller who does a good deal on combined shipping, reduced rates for without the cases etc.

Eric Generic and Mvnl like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah and it's not even like that.. in plenty of case the cd will be like 5 pound (which I'm fine with) plus like 8 pounds for shipping and I'm like... yeah, I'll pass. I really need a trip to London just to visit thrift stores and sales there.

Burzum likes this.
  10. I usually look for sellers on Discogs with many items from my wantlist on sale then do a bulk order. They almost always offer deals on shipping.

IEngineered likes this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I did try that sometimes but often they end up having items where I'm like 'why did I even put that on my wantlist?'. I guess there are degrees to 'wanting'
    (I really just need to discover that one seller with fabulous taste instead of all these sellers who have lik 10.000 items for sale)

Eric Generic likes this.
  12. What you’ve described is pretty much a staple of charity shops at 50p each… £5 seems a lot by comparison!

Mvnl likes this.
  13. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Yeah I know! Now I did mention the most bargain bin releases I'm after but that's the main ones where I feel like 'this shouldn't be that expensive, not even on import!!'
    I get that people don't put things for sale for 50 cents cause.. what's the point in going through the effort.. but I really feel I need to find someone who's selling a lot of releases as a lot or something. I can hardly justify to myself to pay over 10 pounds for any of those '50 cent' releases

ModeRed likes this.
  14. you need some willing UK resident with access to decent charity stores to stockpile for you! How long is the list?!

Eric Generic likes this.
  15. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Haha I should probably start making a proper wishlist cause I have no such thing yet (and I'm sure there's plenty of singles I would buy in a heartbeat if I spotted them for 50 cents that aren't on my 'must have' list).
    Right now the Keri version of Right Now and Rachel's none rerelease Funky Dory are the main old albums on my wishlist and apart from that there's like an endless list of Rachel/Atomic Kitten/Saturdays/Sugababes/Hear'say/S Club/Honeyz/Mis-Teeq singles I'd instantly buy if I came across them (which I do whenever it happens but over here.. it's rare)

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.