CDjustice | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

CDjustice

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Dennis, Sep 16, 2020.

1. I do believe that CDs will make a comeback at some point. Could be a decade or two from now when we’re all relying on crutches. But sound quality does matter. As do edits and mixes that simply do not exist on streaming platforms.

FoxMint, poshbabyyy, Daniel L and 4 others like this.
  2. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Oh, OK.

I don't buy vinyl very often and when I do it's for the novelty value of the big artwork.

Future Lover and IEngineered like this.
  3. I buy vinyl only when:
    - relevant mixes I’m after aren’t available on cd
    - I love the album and can listen to it in its entirety without skipping tracks
    - I’m suckered by my favourite artists (which happens a lot)
    - when the album art is iconic, or simply beautiful, like this:
    B6E9B367-9015-49D0-ADDE-131E6CFF0950.jpeg

4. I love collecting Madonna's singles, especially the Japanese EPs. Pet Shop Boys too, obviously, they still deliver great looking products packed with great stuff and the obligatory B-sides. CDs rule! I do think my attitude is skewed by the fact they're both cheaper and less spacey than vinyl, which I believe most people don't even play these days? It's just a colorful piece of plastic to fetishize.

5. What we need are 12" CD jewel cases!

Stopremix and IEngineered like this.
  6. Talking of lovely CD releases I found this ‘lenticular’ version in almost mint condition in Notting Hill today for £19 which is a bargain. ROL and Music both sound BRILLIANT on CD, no vinyl can beat that sound on a half decent system.

upload_2020-9-17_17-32-19.jpeg

7. Or streaming services.

8. I can stream a film (saying that if I love it I have to have the DVD or Blu-ray) but streaming music for me will always feel like buying a tester pot of paint or something, it’s just an ugly patch on the wall and it looks unsightly until all the walls are covered and properly done.

(I know I’m a wasted talent, I should’ve been a poet or some kind of wordsmith!)

9. You should've been a poet, but at least you know it.

Deborah X likes this.
  10. This is beautiful edition and not seen too often. Great price!

11. You do know you can buy a USB plug in CD burner/player for laptops with no CD drive built in for fairly cheap.

12. But don't most vinyl collectors not even play the records? I can't blame them, really. ddd

Granted, I don't play CD's I buy these days after ripping them to .wav, but you don't even get the ripping option with vinyl. Well, I know you can, but why would you bother?

13. Yes. I put on a Eurovision CD the other day and noticed the sound was so much better. I hadn't fully realised until then.

djessie and Eric Generic like this.
  14. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Well guess what.

Humanracin, invertedbutterfly and aux like this.
  15. *posts reply that you approve of*

beautyneverlies likes this.
  16. It's about 50% I think.

17. This is one of the reasons why I always prefer CD´s.

I own a lot of vinyl (old and new) but I rarely play it. I only buy new vinyl releases from my favorite artists and I always buy the CD as well. Usually I just play the CD, some of the vinyl remains sealed.

I probably play 12" and 7" singles the most - songs, edits and mixes I don´t have on CD.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
  18. Hope you don’t mind me asking, but do you post on Steve Hoffman Forums? You seem familiar!

Eric Generic likes this.
  19. Sure thing. No, I have actually never posted there.

Eric Generic and Tommy Johnson like this.
  20. Don't post on SHF, you'll end up paying for it the rest of your life in early CD pressings!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.