CDjustice | Page 35 | The Popjustice Forum

CDjustice

Discussion in 'Comeback corner' started by Dennis, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Yeah I like Momox. Got some great bargains on there. I did once have an issue where they sent the wrong thing and it took them a while to resolve though. Perhaps that was a one off.

poshbabyyy and Txetxu like this.
  2. Yeah, I want to echo everyone's experiences with Momox/Medimops - I buy *a lot* of CDs from them, and I am almost always delighted, and the problems have been exceedingly rare, and easily sorted.

3. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

I do like their 2 euro shipping an item (at least from the german and french sites) which definitely is better than most of Discogs/Ebay!

This might become another round of me catching up on random old releases, like I did through Amazon Marketplace back in 2006/7. (Which really was 99% fine in my experience with the exception of a (possibly) burned copy of The Sweet Escape (CD looked pretty real, artwork.. not quite) and a slightly worn booklet for Holly Valance's debut.. still wanna replace the latter!)
    Hate what they've done to the interface of Marketplace though (unless I'm missing something)? It really forces you to search releases one by one and then click through to even see their price instead of just 'browsing and adding to your basket'??

poshbabyyy, ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  4. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Oh and does anyone have experience with buying an 'acceptable' item from Momox?
    Going by the description it can range from 'scratched CD' to 'no artwork at all', just wondering how bad it can be? (both of does do not sound acceptable in the slightest really)

Eric Generic likes this.
  5. I bought only one item in such a state, and it... was just a slightly scratched CD? Worked and ripped fine! I would advise getting "good" and above for sure, especially since the price difference between categories is usually minor.

poshbabyyy, ModeRed, lob0to and 2 others like this.
  6. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

As long as it's playable I'd be fine with that! I mind damaged booklets and the likes a lot more!

Eric Generic likes this.
  7. Definitely double-check the barcode, can help confirm if it's the correct version you want. Same with Magpie.

poshbabyyy and Mvnl like this.
  8. 'Acceptable' by Momox can swing either way - only get if it's dirt cheap. However, I have bought from them time and time again and 90% of the times it is just scratched cases if it is lower than 'Very good'.

@Mvnl

Future Lover and Mvnl like this.
  9. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Well that's perfectly fine with me unless it's a digipack (although I've recently been looking for empty jewel cases expecting those to be really cheap by the bunch and.. they're not?)

10. They're not, most definitely. I have upgraded some of my collection and spent about 100 euro for the whole shebang (not including Super Jewel cases and slim ones, that's another story).

Beware that, if your desired release has a slipcase, if it is lower than 'Very good' on Momox, 95% chance it's not going to be included.

Mvnl and Eric Generic like this.
  11. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Also good to know, thanks!
    (As far as cases.. I still have 100s of CDs I want to get rid of so I could probably do with some case swapping.. getting a bunch of fresh ones would just be a tiny bit easier)

Txetxu likes this.
  12. Of late I’ve had a few used CDs delivered, CDs fine but the cases have the white inlay tray and it’s yellowed. Anyone have a good source for replacements (or tips to return them to pristine white?) - naturally I have spare dark versions in bucketloads.

13. Let's share links where buy CD Jewel cases, CD singles and vinyl polyethylene replacements in good-cheap quality price!
    Popjustice Trade and Sell post I heard?

14. I have been putting my CDs into wallets, so have a lot of trays....been ditching hundreds of the standard ones but have kept all the unusual stuff like coloured trays and anything special. I'm sure I have a few spare.

15. In recent years I've become a bit too obsessive and pedantic about replacement jewel cases, right down to replacing like for like when it comes to the two raised bits which hold the booklet in - round bumps, thin bumps, longer raised bars etc., along with things such as the embossed Warner logo on the front.

I never used to be like this!

16. I've been sorting all my cases and trays in EXACTLY this way. My g/f thinks I'm nuts.

17. I'd be here for this! Not that I have a lot of sell, but it would be a fun lil experience!

18. Mvnl

Mvnl Staff Member

Ha! I'd be up for it!
    (Though I thought I was downsizing my collection and now I'm randomly purchasing tons of (old) new ones, so who knows...)

I kinda noticed when I had a really eventful year in 2016 my collectin habits stopped a bit and I was more interested in... living? God knows what it says about my current state that I'm fully relapsing now

19. Glad to know I'm not the only one! And yes, don't start me on my obsessiveness over type and shade of grey inner tray!

ModeRed and Eric Generic like this.
  20. Take yer pick...

[​IMG]
    (This is just a fraction of them).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.