CDjustice

Mvnl

Staff member
Yes, they are generally very good, by far the best to be honest. I’ve lost count of how many I’ve bought over the years.
I think I read some pretty bad things on here (but obviously the bad stories also make more of an impression).
Overall, be it them, WOB or Momox (they are usually quite consistent, shattered cases aside) it kinda is worth the risk for the amount of hard to get releases I got cheaply. (Big + for WOB is hardly any shipping costs, thus not forcing me to bulk buy but just get that one 3 pound CD)
But there's something a bit nervewrecking about never being sure what to expect and going from 'woah bargain!' to 'well, this won't do'. In most cases I get another copy or my money back, but especially with WOB I also don't want to be that customer that complains every 2 orders (or more). (Then again, not sure if whoever answers my emails would even care?)

I think I read some pretty bad things on here (but obviously the bad stories also make more of an impression).
Overall, be it them, WOB or Momox (they are usually quite consistent, shattered cases aside) it kinda is worth the risk for the amount of hard to get releases I got cheaply. (Big + for WOB is hardly any shipping costs, thus not forcing me to bulk buy but just get that one 3 pound CD)
But there's something a bit nervewrecking about never being sure what to expect and going from 'woah bargain!' to 'well, this won't do'. In most cases I get another copy or my money back, but especially with WOB I also don't want to be that customer that complains every 2 orders (or more). (Then again, not sure if whoever answers my emails would even care?)
It’s only the waaah stories that are worth posting innit really! I’d put them in order of MM, Momox (though they don’t do refunds, you always have to escalate these days) then WOB. Completely agree and I think we aren’t dealing with people any more, just algorithms.

I often find little dead insects (booklice?) in second hand CDs!

For me Music Magpie has been very hit and miss over the years. The prices, combined offers and swift delivery are usually good and I've received some almost perfect mid 80s CDs in what looks like original and good condition jewel cases, but I've also received some heaps of junk, smashed to pieces, booklets warped or written on, scratched and stop playing part way through...

I don't bother sending them back; if it's something I like I'll just buy it again when it's cheap enough and combine the best bits.

I often find little dead insects (booklice?) in second hand CDs!

For me Music Magpie has been very hit and miss over the years. The prices, combined offers and swift delivery are usually good and I've received some almost perfect mid 80s CDs in what looks like original and good condition jewel cases, but I've also received some heaps of junk, smashed to pieces, booklets warped or written on, scratched and stop playing part way through...

I don't bother sending them back; if it's something I like I'll just buy it again when it's cheap enough and combine the best bits.
Music Magpie is a mixed bag. But I'm a bit shocked that I sometimes get better luck there, than I do Discogs. A lot of the time, it does fall down to how they are packaged. I recently received a CD from MM, with very badly sun damaged artwork. They were very quick to offer a refund though.

I've had a bit of a headache with Discogs recently. I did a bulk order of 14 CDs, and even paid extra for the better postage. There was no padding inside the box, so 5 arrived damaged. They were all pretty cheap, so I'm just taking it as as lesson learned, and I have a bulk order of replacement cases on the way.

Are there any good second hand cd stores in Manchester or London? I’ve had a google and walked around Manchester today and didn’t find any. Ideally looking for albums and singles on CD. Most of the stores I went to only had recent stuff.

Are there any good second hand cd stores in Manchester or London? I’ve had a google and walked around Manchester today and didn’t find any. Ideally looking for albums and singles on CD. Most of the stores I went to only had recent stuff.

Manny's not great for CDs tbh but try

Oxfam
Empire Exchange
Vinyl Exchange
Clampdown Records (features in It's A Sin - the Pink Palace is above it)

But if you can be bothered to go to Bolton, they have a great store called X Records which has a huge collection of CD singles & albums