Celeste - Not Your Muse (Debut album, Feb 26th) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Celeste - Not Your Muse (Debut album, Feb 26th)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Vasilios, Oct 20, 2016.

1. 2014

2014 Staff Member

CHRIST not another Sound Of winner not getting an album out in the same year - I'm really intrigued by her and love Stop This Flame but winning seems like more of a poisoned chalice now.

2. I Can See the Change & break up with your girlfriend, i’m bored for BBC Radio 1’s Live Lounge:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    sesita likes this.
  3. The album's now due out on the more reasonable date of January 15. Still doubtful of them being able to properly restart this campaign but at least it hasn't been scrapped entirely yet.

sesita likes this.
  4. Speaking of ridiculous delays... her cover of La vie en rose (for a Stella Artois campaign) that was due out in March is out today:

I'm hoping this means we'll eventually get her cover of Seinabo Sey's Breathe in full.

2014 likes this.
  5. What a serve! It better be a bop!

6. Terrific single cover! I hope the album is out this year.

Pretend and sinner like this.

7. I just hope the album comes out dd.

Diet Pop!, sesita and nooniebao like this.
  8. There's something very 19-era Adele about this! Absolutely gorgeous track.

Pretend likes this.
  9. It's an Adele song dressed up in a Rihanna video.

sesita likes this.
    sesita likes this.
  12. She's soundtracking this year's John Lewis Christmas advert with an original song, A Little Love...

...and yet the album still isn't coming out and an 8-track EP called Not Your Muse is due in February instead. Great job Polydor!

Island, eddy2375 and Butterfly like this.
  13. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

Fucking christ A Little Love is absolutely horrendous. Was there a competition to write the most trite John Lewis advert song possible and perform it in the most unenthusiastic way?

I know it's been a long year for plenty of other reasons, but it's hard to believe it's been only 10 months since I was playing Compilation 1.1 on repeat, bopping to Stop This Flame, and looking forward to the full album in September (which was already a fucking pisstake). I hope she can still course-correct because she's talented enough to pull it off, but releasing one scrap of Radio 2 bait every now and then isn't gonna cut it.

sesita and Jamie like this.
  14. It exists!
    [​IMG]
    Out February 26 if the delay cycle doesn't start again dd

15. 2014

2014 Staff Member

The image is striking if a bit bizarre and a bit Christmassy???? I wish her all the best.

Pretend and sesita like this.
  16. I'm sure her team can scam her a returning Brits appearance next year, but even off the back of a John Lewis single I can't see the album doing much after this awful and weird year long mess of a campaign.

Butterfly, GRMusic and Pretend like this.
  17. Bundles and webstore-exclusive red vinyl are up for pre-order: https://store.universalmusic.com/celeste/
    I love how the vinyl is billed as an "alternative track listing edition" (with none of the singles she's released) when it's obvious they gave up on the EP idea after sending it to press.

18. What happened to Daphne?

19. This is a car crash. Who's going to spend £20 on a physical version of the album that's... missing all of the singles from said album?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.