Celine Dion

A copy of that new soundtrack from Celine arrived a few days ago, I just haven't had a chance to rip it / listen. Anyone hear it?
I downloaded the first “single” Love Again when it came out, and it’s really cute… Then didn’t rush to download the rest of the new songs after not being blown away from the clips. I have now got them all…

The Gift is the standout one for me (aside Love Again).

Not sure if these were confirmed as new recordings or actually previously unreleased songs (most likely from Courage) but they’re all pretty much Céline going deeper into the lazy jazz/rnb/easy listening vocal with no real power or build.

If they are are brand new songs, then I’m totally respectful of what Céline is going through and naturally she isn’t going to be able to deliver another belting banger. But I do miss the variety of her material. Becoming a fan from A New Day Has Come… I do love an up/mid-tempo moment.

Courage hasn’t had much replay value for me; after being blown away by Flying On My Own, I was gutted to find there was nothing remotely similar to it on the 20-track album… the only other track I can say I love from it is “Lying Down”. I’m guessing the new songs from “Love Again” will be the same for me.

Once Céline has hopefully overcome her illness, I long for a new Vito Luprano executively produced album.

He/Him/His
One year after sharing she was diagnosed with stiff-person syndrome, the singer can no longer control certain body movements, according to her sister Claudette Dion.

"She doesn't have control over her muscles," Claudette told 7 Jours. "What breaks my heart is that she's always been disciplined. She's always worked hard. Our mother always told her, 'You're going to do it well, you're going to do it properly.'"

She noted, "It's true that in both our dreams and hers, the goal is to return to the stage. In what capacity? I don't know."

Full article.

It hurts to read updates like this about Celine.