CFCF's Continent.....Best ambient/electronic record I've heard in a long time | The Popjustice Forum

CFCF's Continent.....Best ambient/electronic record I've heard in a long time

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by filmnoirish, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Probably not much to do with the general pop of this thread (Dannii, Rihanna, Girls Aloud) but CFCF's new album has been released and it's the most hypnotic, slick and sublime record I have heard in a long time. It's much groovier than your typical ambient affair, still being really atmospheric, and has a very stylish 80s dance influence on loads of parts. Recommended listening.

2. 3Xs

3Xs

Any clips we can hear? Like on Youtube etc.

3. New album leaked last week Radiance & Submission. Very chilled.

4. 360

He has two albums out around now - The Colours of Life and the aforementioned Radiance and Submission. Both are amazing! Also check out the absolutely sublime combo of Exercises (just beautiful) and Outside (one of the best albums I've ever heard). He's an amazing and extremely underrated producer. If you're in to dreamlike chilled out music he's probably the most talented person around for that. His discography is just godlike.

I'm still in the process of absorbing his two most recent releases but I can't recommend Exercises and Outside enough. Definitely give them a listen. You'll fall in love. If you're discovering him for the first time you're also in an amazing position just because he has so much amazing material out there already. The title of this thread references Continent but compared to his later work it's probably his weakest release. His later albums are just infinitely better.

So check him out! Amazing, amazing producer.

Here's "September" from Exercises: https://soundcloud.com/dummymag-com/05-exercise-5-september

5. Continent was my summer album in 2011-2013.

Will check The Colours of Life!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.