[Changed to] Mika discussion. | The Popjustice Forum

[Changed to] Mika discussion.

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Alfie, May 21, 2007.

1. Alfie

Alfie Guest

Thread has strayed too far away from the original topic, so I changed the title to something a little bit more suitable.

x

2. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Both annoy me. He more than she.

3. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Does anyone else find it amusing that one of the british acts being thrown at the US market is a boozy trash talker and another is a gay lebanese boy.

The States won''t have any idea what''s happened to them.

4. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Oh will all you haters FUCK OFF!!!

If Amy had the same record but the personality of Rachel Stevens and sold no records, and Mika had the same record but was from Sweden and sold no records of out Scandanavia, then both artists would be championed on here on a daily basis.

Since when did becoming successful mean you''re shit? It''s beyond ridic and really pisses me off.

5. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Isn''t she Amy Field-Civil or something now?

6. vasilios

vasilios Guest

Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Mika is gay????

7. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Yep, and so is Morrissey. And one of the Pet Shop Boys (not the gay one, the other one).

8. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

i fail to see the appeal of either.
    they both whine, have bad hair and make rubbish music for housewives.

9. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

is that a common marketing technique in the states? it''s actually really clever. I can take or leave either artist.

10. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Imagine the fun you could have...

"I pissed in Amy Winehouse!" etc.

11. Tribal Spaceman

it could become street slang...

just popping to the winehouse

etc

AMY URINEHOUSE, hahaha

12. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Good joke! but you laughed at it yourself, and typed it, and pressed post. Thats bad.

They are both idiots. I saw amy winehouse live this passed winter. REally quite a let down. Very similar songs, very bland, and she had token black band going on.

Very second rate.

x

13. Beware

Beware Guest

Breaking news: After an attempt to outdo Mika and Amy Winehouse by mounting her face on Big Ben, she has caused 68 deaths of tourists and 1,000 drivers have been seriously injured. Her lawyer, some bird Jenny from Atomic Kitten, has said she did it because she has an album or something in Africa. Or maybe it''s China.

Lisa herself was unfortunately available for comment.

"I''m good too. Now, pop off and by my album. I think they sell it in HMV. Or is it Woolworths? Noo, it''s Harrods. Oh wait, they used it as loo roll in the basement toilets for the cleaners. Well, look in your local South African outlet. They''ll have it. Probably. Maybe in the bargain bin. Oh, and I''m sure I saw it in Poundstretcher the other day. Or maybe it was dogshit on the floor. Goodbye."

14. Tribal Spaceman

nothing wrong with making yourslef laugh!

unless you''re walking down the street at the time...

15. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

And tonight awarded one of Great Britain''s best?

16. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Same here.

17. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

I third that. Although there is something very "raw-London" about Amy Winehouse which I love

18. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

I like them both very much (well, their music) and am quite happy to see them on MTV and such in America. Still have yet to hear either on the radio... but I don''t listen to the radio much.

19. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

Amy Winehouse is an amazing singer with an amazing album. Mika is an absolute mystery to me. What about him is good?

20. Re: Mika and Amy Winehouse gone to the dumper!

I have heard Mika''s album twice now, first at the swimming baths then getting my hair did. There is a song that sounds a lot like I Just Died In Your Arms Tonight that seemed like a hit, and track 2 is very Disney''s The Little Mermaid. I could be wrong, but if I think that then there is not much I can do about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.