Charli XCX - Brat

B2B has been on repeat since yesterday. I'm loving all songs so far, and Von Dutch was a massive grower but...I don't know, something is still kinda missing for me. I think I need a remix album with extended versions that feel like a continuous DJ set.

The Von Dutch remix remains my favorite thing from this era.

I like the songs so far but they all feel like demos and half complete. B2B is my fave so far. I will still bop though and I'm desperate to get Manchester tickets!

b2b is nice but it's a bit "wrote this hook over a gesaffelstein demo"
and that’s why we love her

danjobanjo1-charli-xcx.gif

B2B is really good - but I agree that so far all released songs have some kind of "unfinished" quality to them. Maybe thats the result of her more minimalist approach...honestly I am not sure how I feel about it yet.

My only *complaint* about the songs we've heard so far is that the lyrics are a bit sparse and repetitive. Which obviously makes sense given this is a club record, but I do hope we get a few songs that follow a more traditional pop structure that showcase her writing and vocals more.

My only *complaint* about the songs we've heard so far is that the lyrics are a bit sparse and repetitive. Which obviously makes sense given this is a club record, but I do hope we get a few songs that follow a more traditional pop structure that showcase her writing and vocals more.
"So I" is packed full of lyrics, I have a good feeling about what we haven't heard yet.

Von Dutch is still the one. It feels like a full circle moment for her, and that video makes it one of the best packages of her career.