Charli XCX - Brat

He/Him
Um, the video? She’s on fire this era. I’ve never really been here for her as a visual artist, despite her proclamations that she sees videos and imagery for her songs as she makes them, she’s always been very hit or miss in the past. But whatever she’s vibing on at the moment is fucking giving. An absolute serve.

I went to the pop up video premiere in LA that she was present for. They were giving out exclusive “Club Angel” membership IDs as well, that I guess are supposed to give you priority access to future events and things (I assume.) Waited in line for 3 hours only to be told Charli had left and there were no membership IDs being given out anymore. They still let us in to watch the video, though at that point it had already premiered on YouTube. Was kinda a buzzkill tbh but obviously there were way more people who wanted to attend than they had the capacity for. She did warn it was first come first serve, so I can’t be too mad at it.

The video itself is an absolute slay but I think I need to rewatch it when I’m in a better mood to fully appreciate lol. The song is a bop but I kinda wish the production had more variation.

Last edited:
The verse flow on this feels soooo Glamorous. The “you gon jump if AG made it” section is very similar in melody to the “I still go to Taco Bell” section!

Last edited:
I thought Chloe Sevigny was Fiona Apple

giphy.gif