Charli XCX - Brat

The 'beef' between her and Rina had people predicting that she was about to massively flop and that her whole fanbase would be completely turned off her forever.
Did this even happen? Oh yes, the whole unfortunate mess with Rina! Famously a red line for Charli’s main demographic! How quickly people go from holding someone’s feet to the fire to, “I’m just… *hiccup* so… *throat clicks* proud of her! Best campaign ever!” when the acclaim and success start rolling in. Thank God the thread stopped caring?

he/him
Did this even happen? Oh yes, the whole unfortunate mess with Rina! Famously a red line for Charli’s main demographic! How quickly people go from holding someone’s feet to the fire to, “I’m just… *hiccup* so… *throat clicks* proud of her! Best campaign ever!” when the acclaim and success start rolling in. Thank God the thread stopped caring?

Yeah, I don’t remember this happening at all dd. At most people said Charli was annoying (as usual!) and was showing her ass a bit with whatever was going on with Rina while whipping out “misogyny!!!” as a defense against stans who didn’t like the cover as she left Rina in the dust in her fight against DirtyHit. However, Rina turned around and started working with Paris Hilton after decrying Matty Healy’s racism and started blocking fans who called her out, so maybe Charli showed better judgment than we thought.

I was pretty whelmed by this entire campaign initially. I did like Von dutch but it still felt very Charli-on-autopilot for me. The Addison remix, B2b, and Club classics were good but I was still hungry for more. All tracks kept growing on me but I think hearing Von dutch at a club was the turning point for me, and then everything made sense in the context of the album.

The cover being very low effort and Charli being so annoying over the last year she still is might have soured it a little in my mind but everything paid off in the end so happy brat summer xx!!

I really dug B2b when it released but now I think it's probably the weakest track on the album (which is kind of a serve TBH; if your weakest track is pretty solid, you know you have a stellar album on your hands). It's just so repetitive. The part where it changes should have come earlier. A lot more could have been done with it.