Charli XCX - Charli | Page 112 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Charli

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

I wouldn't mind a re-rate so we can get the correct placing for I Got It (#1) this time.

2. The people who think Sucker is her best album were to blame for that travesty.

RUNAWAY, Lander, flapjack- and 4 others like this.
  3. I gave "Nuclear Seasons" my 11 the first time around out of loyalty and nostalgia, but best believe the right song is getting my 11 the next time around: "Track 10."

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 22 others like this.
  4. Well shit.

5. I’d be up for another rate because I’m still salty that I had my scores ready to go and still somehow missed the deadline.

Reboot likes this.
  6. Better Off With You to win.

BreatheBox and Artangel like this.
  7. So Far Away still holds #1 in my heart.

flowersandu, Karvel, Crisp X and 2 others like this.
  9. She genuinely does, though.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 16 others like this.
  10. Thanks for reminding me of True Romance. I can cancel my appointment at the barber now because Lock you up solved all messy hair problems.

Dijah., lushLuck and Runawaywithme like this.
  11. Stay Away is her best written song. Fuck.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 17 others like this.
  12. Sucker may have gotten my best album average but I gave "Vroom Vroom" a 10.

Reboot likes this.
  13. Same! Then again, my highest album average would have gone to Sucker, so maybe it's for the best.

AllGagaLike and man.tis.shrimp like this.
  14. I get opinions are all different but...how?

15. It’s genuinely weird how this is her first melancholic straightforward pop song since maybe True Romance when it’s something she did so well that whole album.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 16 others like this.
  16. I just really dig the album and the very simplistic "themes" some of the songs deal with, like Sucker, Gold Coins and Body Of My Own. I know it's objectively not her best, but I secretly love it. I guess I'm easily pleased.

I have a feeling I'll love the new album more, though. Especially if it's more in the vein of Gone.

17. I’m a Sucker apologist/Liker of Most Things and even I’m surprised that some of y’all would rate it that highly

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 19 others like this.
  18. "Gold Coins" is phenom, though.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 15 others like this.
  19. Caught In The Middle and Doin' It are the only things I ever go back to from Sucker.

20. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Breaking Up is a jam and never really gets recognised. Also low-key one of her best videos.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 36 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.