Charli XCX - Charli | Page 113 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Charli

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 21, 2018.

1. If Sucker served any purpose, it delivered Need Ur Luv. Rostam produced one of the most dreamy songs for our Pop Princess.

Sidenote: Doing It and Famous are both great bops too.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 17 others like this.
  2. Sucker is packed with bops.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 15 others like this.
  3. Doing It
    Superlove
    Boom Clap
    Caught In The Middle
    Doing It - A G Cook Remix
    Need Ur Luv
    Kingdom

My Sucker EP.

I really can't stand the bratty pop punk tracks at all anymore. I used to have time for the title track, Breaking Up, and Gold Coins, but I don't return to anything from that era anymore except the above tracks. It's an album that was pulled in 5 different directions and ended up sounding like such an outlier in her discography. True Romance - Vroom Vroom - Number 1 Angel - Pop 2 just makes so much more sense. Although the Sucker era had to happen for us to get where we are now I suppose!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  4. Anyone who thinks Body of My Own isn’t one of the highlights on Sucker is wrong.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
    constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 18 others like this.
  5. Breaking Up
    Body of My Own
    Sucker
    Doing It
    Boom Clap
    Need Ur Luv
    London Queen
    So Over You

All of those are my Sucker essentials. The Sucker apologist jumped out.

Deleted member 21339 and Andrew like this.
  6. RJF

RJF

Y'all listening to Sucker in 2019 I can't.

7. Sucker was the sound of me jumping off the train entirely. I even thought True Romance was a cute girl at best with great highs and was definition of a 'promising start'. I wanted her to just go for it but everything felt held back.

ATA/Vroom Vroom (7/10 moments but intriguing) into N1A/P2 was a return to form I couldn't have anticipated.

8. Watchu calling 7/10?

9. True Romance "cute at best"? Let's stop now.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 21 others like this.
  10. Between this and Yoü and I being your favorite Gaga song/single, I–

11. True Romance and Vroom Vroom are both good but nothing on Number 1 Angel and certainly not Pop 2. That’s the tea.
    Yoü and I is iconic, one of her best singles categorically, though I totally accept why people would prefer like... Beautiful Dirty Rich or whatever relative basic bops instead. We can’t all be blessed with bumpkin ears.

Dangerous Maknae likes this.
  12. True Romance is probably as good as Pop 2 for me on most days with Vroom Vroom and Number 1 Angel very close behind. All are exceptional.

13. This is also a highlight on Sucker (in case anyone hasn't mentioned it):

BreatheBox and Glitterizer like this.
  14. Sucker is severely underrated, but it’s still the lowest point in her impeccable discography.

15. You (Ha Ha Ha) is still an absolute moment.

constantino, RUNAWAY, Rem and 22 others like this.
  16. Once when I was working at my first job in a design studio and in charge of the playlist for the afternoon, this song came on and my straight co-worker got so excited cause he thought I was into Gold Panda ('You (Ha Ha Ha)' heavily samples his song "You"). I will never forget his look of utter contempt and disappointment when he realized it was a ~commercial~ version of the track.

Pop Justice!

17. I love how Charli has something for every fan. She’s so charitable.

18. The video really put a damper on Famous, but she still slaps when she comes on shuffle.

19. All this talk of Sucker is making me nostalgic for the time when the A.G. Cook Remix of Doing It was the only taste of PC Charli we had. It feels like a previous life.

RUNAWAY, dodoriazarbon and lushLuck like this.
  20. This take has big republican energy

RUNAWAY, Sam, Jacques and 4 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.