Charli XCX - Charli | Page 382 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Charli

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by jamesmax, Sep 21, 2018.

1. I saw Charlé live for the first time since the Sucker era last night at one of her festival after parties. It was in a tiny venue that, unusually, had a stage in the middle of the room, so we had a show “in the round”. She basically prowled around like a boxing champion, had amazing energy and wasn’t afraid of a bit crowd interaction. It turned a bit raucous at the end when she invited people up on stage and everyone suddenly rushed at her from all directions.

Nothing special about the set list, though it was crazy to think that only one of the songs - “I Love It” - would’ve been performed at the last show I saw. Before she did “Paradise” she talked about “going way back” for the “real ones”, and I thought...ok, sure, but if you’re really going to do that, could we hear a bit of “Grins” or “Take My Hand” perhaps?

Anyway I had lots of fun and jumped up and down a lot and it felt like I vicariously inhaled a heap of poppers, a girls night out indeed!

2. Did you go to the Laneway afterparty? I am so jealous.

klow likes this.
  3. I’m so jealous that she performed Paradise. Legit one of my favourite Charli songs

4. I did! I missed out on tickets for the Pop 2 party she did at the Toff a while back so was relieved to be able to see her this time.

elektroxx likes this.
  5. I love seeing my favs together!

0509A31C-C17F-4FF1-A51A-E9305BDB9648.jpeg

6. Give us the collab that we need, but probably don't deserve.

lushLuck likes this.
  7. Let U Down is immense.

FINISH LINE and superultra like this.
  8. It really wouldn't have sounded out of place on the album.

FINISH LINE, superultra and Dijah. like this.
  9. Why is the Nintendo song still not on streaming?!

10. Even Pop 2's outtakes are amazing.

Lander, Kuhleezi, Subspace88 and 8 others like this.
  11. It sounds like the long lost sister of "Backseat" and her remix of "Don't Delete the Kisses." For a demo, it's pretty stunning.

burzacott, johnny_tsunami and Dijah. like this.
  12. Pat

Pat

Seems to be removed from the website already.

13. It was gives me “Delicious” vibes as well! Love a cohesive Queen.

15. Let You Down is brilliant.

AllGagaLike likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.