Charli XCX - CRASH (5th Album) | Page 109 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - CRASH (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. MNDR being involved in Sticky and Trophy...the pedigree

Jersey, Syzygyz, selectual and 2 others like this.
  2. Love Charli to death, she’s so consistent with leaning into the expansion of her sound and pop itself, but New Shapes is dreadfully boring. She has so many features that work and click, and this one feels like one of the ones that was forced and really elastic when put together.

neinzedd likes this.
  3. It’s simple, but it’s easily digestible.

Andy French likes this.
  4. "The Middle" & "Rare" are such nice, little treats.

Anybody obsessed with this leak still? I know in HQ she would slap so hard.

superultra and Andy French like this.
  5. I’m still waiting for “Just Like Lucy Liu” to officially see the light of Deebree day. I manifested “party 4 u,” so lemme tap into that same hopeful yet utterly delusional energy.

Lander, Mr Blonde, cpr and 9 others like this.
  6. Sweden Writing Camp, January 2015... something shifted.

godspeed, iRyan, Lander and 8 others like this.
  7. Why did so many people record Rare...

8. The way only Maren Morris made the final chorus of The Middle truly go off.

Meanwhile, getting to the last chorus in every other girl's version:

9. Dumb question: but i pre-ordered the album on itunes, how do i get access to the presale for the tour?

10. You don’t. It’s only if you preorder via her online store that gives you access to the presale.

EDIT: actually you don’t have to preorder anything, there’s a “no purchase necessary” line on the banner. Just use sign up using this link and you’ll get an email giving you access.

CC3332 likes this.
  11. Is this one fan made? If not I doubt it existed in “fuller” form than that.

12. I hate that I listened to the snippets again. Ariel put his whole ass foot in the song he did for her.

Heartthrob, Dijah. and lushLuck like this.
  13. Solenciennes

Solenciennes Staff Member

I think I've concluded the opposite, that it sounds like it's been designed to land slap bang in the middle of one of her many musical universes, intentionally to try and consolidate her musical identity a bit. She's done enough expansion over the last few projects of her repertoire so this feels a bit like a return to something she's already done, but works quite well. Spinning just came on afterwards on shuffle and I think it easily outclasses New Shapes and Good Ones for me, that said.

14. Didn’t she heavily hint she wanted to go back to the True Romance sound? New Shapes and Ariel seem like a conscious manifestation of that.

Dijah. and superultra like this.
  15. Self-aware queen.

16. Imma need those mash-ups already!

17. Charli talking about Sophie to Jack.

[​IMG]

18. New Shapes gets better with every listen. Definitely my favourite of the two singles so far.

19. ffff I was listening to the latest episode of her podcast and she brought up this clip of Megan Thee Stallion listening to Shake It. I'm dead.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.