Charli XCX - CRASH (5th Album) | Page 71 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - CRASH (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. RMK

RMK

That is most definitely a pre chorus.

Wishlight, 1991, FridayNight and 3 others like this.
  2. The term “middle 8” originated from the (American) 32-bar blues song structure so I’d say we have at least a little authority on the subject.
    The 8 isn’t arbitrary though. In 32-bar structures, the song is composed of four segments of eight bars with the structure AABA, and tons of turn-of-the-century American ballads all the way through early rock n’ roll follow this structure and length very strictly.

Simply put, middle 8 refers to a specific construct that originated in the 20th century American songbook. Not sure why so many Brits speak on this from the chest when that contemporary application of it is completely decontextualized from the original usage.

Anyway, stream Good Ones!

3. The more you know.

slaybellz likes this.
  4. The only bridge that matters x
    Unless you’re Fergie

GimmeWork, constantino, Sam and 25 others like this.
  5. The little promo bit at the end is giving me Britney GMA commercial realness ddd

Sam, Ethan Rams, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  6. The new trend is serving "little eights".

sesita, lushLuck and twicezero like this.
  7. Our kids in a couple of years <3

8. Whoever said that you can't listen to this without repeating it at least 5 times served the tea. I don't know how to put a song on repeat on Spotify so I just made a 30-minute playlist that only plays Good Ones dd.

9. Just came in here to say that Good Ones is a track by Charli which musically finally clicked with me. That beat straight out of Gaga's book - glorious!

Don't get me wrong - I've been watching her artistic growth with interest and you cannot accuse Charli of being stale in sound. I also liked what she stood for as an artist, however her previous releases caused me mild enjoyment at most.

I'm adding this thread to my 'watched threads' list and will definitely pay close attention to any future releases if this is the direction she's going for this time.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  10. RMK

RMK

Sis just tap the loop button on the bottom right twice.

11. Charli making an extended version of Good Ones

[​IMG]

12. She's gonna re-sign with Atlantic after all of this, isn't she?

speedyboi, Artangel and spaceship like this.
  13. She'll probably produce her own stuff and Atlantic will distribute and market her projects just like most modern contracts.

14. And Pitchfork playlisted Good Ones as one of the best tracks of the week. Commercial and critical success? We like to see it!

GimmeWork, constantino, ALEX and 26 others like this.
  15. Annihilate me, queen.

16. NOT Poison! That perfume tortured me for a good decade.

blaze_dave and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.