Charli XCX - CRASH (5th Album) | Page 82 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - CRASH (5th Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. Pitchfork re-scoring a Daft Punk album to a 10 seems like… catering to their audience.

2. "Discovery" is and was always a 10, though. The less said about "Random Access Memories", the better.

3. The way every album cover in her discography is a serve / complements one another.
    [​IMG]

Look at the material.

4. They deservedly lowered Random Access Memories though.

5. I still can't wrap my heard around the fact that Joel Corry was in Geordie Shore. He rarely misses and knows how to make everything slap.

6. Last edited: Oct 6, 2021
  7. Okay but imagine if Charli landed a Janet collab

Andrew likes this.
  8. We need Janet to land a Janet collab first but yeah.

9. Fallon performance of Good Ones is up:

10. The Squid Games cast were being interviewed just before the performance so I hope that boosts the numbers.

11. Are her TV performances always like... this? Yes the only other one I remember watching was Bounce.

ItBeats, slaybellz and Bobbyrae like this.
  12. Yes, she’s definitely not made for tv. (or those boring lives she was doing in the pandemic)
    She really shines when she is in the front of a crowd of gays. Go watch her set at Pitchfork if you never saw it, it’s amazing.

iRyan, sesita and Glitterizer like this.
  13. Yes, I have seen it, it's great! That manic energy really doesn't translate well to a polished studio performance ddd

Vitor and slaybellz like this.
  14. Yeah the dancing is a little unhinged dd. The set looks really cool though and the song sounds great.

15. She can do a good TV performance:

She just... rarely moderates her energy for the medium, and she's not exactly the kind of vocalist who thrives in that setting ddd

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Beginner, tea, Mr Blonde and 4 others like this.
  16. Yeah, her usual manic festival mode does not translate to TV, but she's delivered great performances when she reigns it in.

I kind of wish she did the choreo for Fallon.

Wishlight, Mr.Arroz, tea and 6 others like this.
  17. That might be one of her best lives to date. Not that there’s much to accomplish with the song but she sounds good & her breath control is has improved tenfold.

18. I'm very excited at the thought of another collab with Chris. Especially with Caroline as well. giveittomenow.mp4

Mikal, 2014 and heavymetalGAGA like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.