Charli XCX - CRASH (Deluxe) | Page 130 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - CRASH (Deluxe)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. RMK

RMK

It sounds like the only single that falls in line with her main pop girl vibes/aesthetic is Good Ones.

2. Is Beg For You a cover?

3. It interpolates Cry For You by September.

blaze_dave likes this.
  4. Scream, "mild numbers" is such an understatement, that song is huge.

myblood, GimmeWork, Lapras and 9 others like this.
  5. By album release, Out Out will have hit 200 million streams and Good Ones will have passed 50 million on Spotify. Pretty decent for Charli! New Shapes is definitely lagging, but it will probably have gotten to 10 million.

6. It’s a hit, but even just looking at Corry’s Spotify, it sits under true smashes like Head & Heart, and the other more recent singles are still have a fair lead over Out Out. For her it’s massive, though, sure.

7. I'm sure that everyone involved would've loved another "Head & Heart"-sized—or even "Bed"-sized—hit, but "Out Out" is still a sizeable hit. It has outperformed "I Wish," has more streams on Spotify than "Sorry" and is steadily catching up to "Lonely," despite "Lonely" being released over a year before "Out Out."

8. Also Out Out is not done in Europe.

GimmeWork, RMK, Wishlight and 4 others like this.
  9. It's too ahead of its time for most people.

sergioesludico and lushLuck like this.
  10. Head & Heart is one of the biggest hits of the past 3 years, so I don't think Joel will ever get a hit that big again. 'Out Out' has been top 10 for 12 weeks though - that's a big hit.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
  11. I'm screaming cause I didn't know this was the TOPS LEAVING YOUR HOUSE meme adfgklsjdfghlsdfj

Tabris, joe_alouder, tea and 13 others like this.
  12. Fair! I guess I just inherently underestimate Charli/assume it’s just 12 homos on a pink forum calling songs smashes nn

lushLuck and Joe. like this.
  13. It's had a much better chart run than Bed as well. In fact, I'm willing to bet that it will have out streamed Bed within the next 6-8 months.

RMK, Wishlight, lushLuck and 2 others like this.
  14. The way the GP only hear about Charli when she’s attached to absolute shite and none of the flawless, genius stuff she’s made over the last couple of years. They must perceive her as like, a Bebe Rexha. It’s so dark.

15. LTG

LTG

When they accidentally stumble on Vroom Vroom on Spotify

[​IMG]

16. I guess TikTok doesn’t know what guessing means.

17. To be fair, the attention span of TikTok users would have reset after the first part of the tweet.

18. It's OK, she's doing it ironically

19. I mean, obviously the GP is only here for accessible, straightforward music, that's as true for Charli as it is for any other artist, saying she must be perceived like Bebe Rexha seems a bit much. Most of Charli's hits are good/great anyway, even if they're not what some people might want from her, let's not act like Boom Clap, Boys, 1999, Good Ones, etc are terrible songs. She's shown many times over the years that she's happy making both more left-field and more commercial music, and personally I'm perfectly happy for her to continue occupying those two lanes, as she's great at both.

nooniebao, Sam, Lander and 15 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.