Charli XCX - CRASH | Page 197 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - CRASH

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. This is why this album has wrecked me in a way I just never saw coming. It’s as if she dove into my brain and knew exactly what I needed at this point in my life, leaving me feeling like a car crash victim by the album’s end.

It’s 33 minutes of me feeling like this gif on loop:
    [​IMG]

Sail On, Tabris, LeBratt and 24 others like this.
  2. I’m trying really hard to show restraint and wait for proper HQ but this thread (special shout-out to @superultra) has been testing me.

Mr.Arroz, Island, Diet Pop! and 6 others like this.
  3. This album definitely better than what the singles would have you believe but I'm surprised to read some of y'all think Used to Know Me is good... just feels so nothingy.

4. Every Rule is the only song that feels a little...whatever. It's nice, but it doesn't fit the soundscape and has the unfortunate honor of being between Lightning and Yuck.

Lightning
    Yuck
    Crash
    Baby
    New Shapes

Good Ones
    Used to Know Me
    Constant Repeat
    Twice
    Move Me

Beg for You
    Every Rule

Overall, it feels varied but somehow cohesive and much stronger than Charli, even if Lightning isn't as incredible as Gone.

ChazElite likes this.
  5. Yuck needs an extended single mix with a Tinashe feature. It would be too powerful.

Tabris, LeBratt, myblood and 19 others like this.
  6. Hell, get Doja on it too. That groove needs to be at least four minutes long anyway

7. Whoever said "Yuck" sounded like a Funk Wav Bounces Vol. 1 track... I hate you, because now I need her on Vol. 2.

Sail On, Tabris, LeBratt and 23 others like this.
  8. I don't have the time or patience to find these tracks like I used to in my old age. I am so perched by the responses though. She hasn't disappointed me yet with the album. Yes I am a Beg For You stan.

amtam and flapjack- like this.
  9. To the four of us still holding out, six days to go my fellow Crash Test Dummies ❤ we have not been struck down by lightning just yet.

Tabris, LeBratt, myblood and 40 others like this.
  10. Lightning is that bitch isn't it? I also feel the GP could eat Yuck up! The whole album is not blowing my mind like she usually does but it's all from good to great!

huntypoo and spaceship like this.
  11. Lightning is amazing but Constant Repeat is this records peak.

nathanspears and boombazookajoe like this.
  12. I don't do leaks because I don't have the time, desire or wherewithal in 2022 to be fucked with that. But I'm glad the reactions are generally positive.

If anyone could have done without a leak, it's her.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Tabris, myblood, poshbabyyy and 12 others like this.
  13. Something ABOUT THE WAY YOU…

HOLDMYBODYTIGHTEVENONMYLOWESTNIGHTS

LOCKEDDOWNBYMYSIDEEVENWHENIAMBOREDATNIGHT

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 13, 2022
    Ashling92, myblood, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  14. I agree this album hits different if you are in your feelings about someone currently, please send help!

'Its something bout the way you

SAVE
    MY

LIIIIIIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiiIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFEEEe"

[​IMG]

Island, lushLuck and huntypoo like this.
  15. Constant Repeat is on Constant Repeat, girlies.

16. I hate to be that person but I'm going to be that person so whatever.

Lightning is PERFECTION but I really want a full version with the production style of the first verse a la Track 10.

beekeeper likes this.
  17. The more I listen to the album in full, the more out of place Good Ones and Beg for You sound.

18. Control has been mentioned as a reference point a lot this era, but I'm detecting some The Velvet Rope influence on Move Me in particular and I love it. It's a shame it's one of the shorter songs here because I could live in that soundscape.

19. Waiting is so hard omg but I will make it. For those who have heard it, are the track lengths a problem for a lot of the tracks?

blaze_dave likes this.
  20. I was a little surprised to find they weren’t, to any great degree, though my expectations were certainly tempered. Lots of the highlights give themselves space to breathe with intros/outros that feel like a nod to her more structurally ambitious work.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.