Charli XCX - CRASH | Page 32 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - CRASH

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. I didn’t even bother trying as I knew the outcome already…..not a chance!

2. Good Ones is out there nn

3. Not me rushing to find it, only to be bombarded with

[​IMG]

maybe if she decided to play venues bigger than a cardboard box this wouldn't have leaked

ETA:

[​IMG]

I fucking hate it here

Edit2: This is actually a MASSIVE bop, there's no way it won't be huge

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2021
    Lander, GimmeWork, myblood and 8 others like this.
  4. God I hate that site.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. It reminds me of “Break the Rules” in a bad way.

6. This sounds so so good.... WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO FUCKING SHORT?

[​IMG]

Tabris, Lander, drewsky and 16 others like this.
  7. Yeah, I’m gonna need another minute of that. It better be coming with an extended mix. But wow, what a bop.

Lander, drewsky, FridayNight and 6 others like this.
  8. Someone needs to edit a Nicki or Cupcakke verse in there for the bridge with one last chorus to get us over the 3 minute mark.

[​IMG]

Tabris, FINISH LINE, tea and 21 others like this.
  9. One of the "leaks" was "Tell It to My Heart" by Taylor Dayne.

[​IMG]

Tabris, tea, SecretsOfFatima and 36 others like this.
  10. Oh, wow, that is annoyingly short. It's really good, but damn. We need the extended edit, Charlotte.

11. Oh wow the production is smooth.
    Vocals are great.
    I wish it was 2x the length though, fuck. It really deserves it. But yeahyeah "streaming length" blablah "listen twice", I get it.

At a longer length, i'd say this would rank pretty high for me on Charli singles.

Tracy Jacks, Heartthrob and lushLuck like this.
  12. It sounds amazing, her vocals sound better than ever, it definitely sounds like a hit - but yes it is way too fucking short. Short songs may be good for streaming, but I feel like it's harder to make an impact on radio with a song that short - if getting a hit is her goal with this.

13. Is it short in a "this feels like it's missing a bridge" kind of way or in a "this feels like a complete song, but damn, is it short?" kind of way?

14. The former. It doesn't help that there isn't much variation in the 2nd verse and last chorus so it almost feels like a repetition. It's really good though and she sounds amazing.

sesita and elektroxx like this.
  15. Not sure if we know this already, but looks like Oscar Holter and Mattman & Robin co-produced. The Bon Appetit girlies are eating tonight henny

[​IMG]

drewsky, myblood, Jwentz and 4 others like this.
  16. Definitely missing a bridge. I looked at the time during the second chorus and realized we were nearing the end, and felt sad. It’s a great rush of pop, but it could really use something to break up the final segment.

17. That backing track is the Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics) intro but messed around so it doesn't need a sample credit.

Bop though.

GimmeWork and Mr Blonde like this.
  18. Oh this is good. Even though this is her attempt at selling out the song feels fresher than most songs on the chart right now

19. Dd this is barely a song... I've heard interludes longer than this.

It's good in like a 2009 kinda way but the length is kind of a joke.

20. This is extremely catchy and pairs very well with Take My Breath. I hope we’ll get an extended version down the line.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.