Charli XCX - "Good Ones" + Eventual Album | Page 66 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - "Good Ones" + Eventual Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. [​IMG]

Stopremix likes this.
  2. Again:

3. The fact that a 3:12 supercut of Britney's tongue moving exists is peak Online Homosexual Behavior

4. RJF

RJF

Christ.

5. Much like ‘Good Ones’ the only problem I see here is that it should be twice as long.

beekeeper likes this.
  6. I feel like what is actually the lead single of all Charli’s albums is are arguable but I’m going to choose and rank them as such.

Gone
    Forever
    Stay Away
    Good Ones
    Boys
    Break The Rules

7. This page is dork sided.

sesita, Wishlight, Laurence and 3 others like this.
  8. It’s great that people have tongues and feel confident enough to show them off. That’s my contribution to this discourse.

sesita, Steve003, johnoclock and 7 others like this.
  9. I am always the first one to compare something to Queen Kills but I don't hear Mirrors anywhere in Good Ones dd am I just deaf?

lushLuck, elektroxx and Andy French like this.
  10. Sex, love, control, vanity
    Sex, love, control, vanity
    Sex, love, control, vanity

Vanity, vanity, vanity

11. I don't hear it either. Like...I guess the rhythm of the main bass/synth is similar but so is Poker Face. If anything, it reminds me of Break The Rules' glam older sister

Wishlight, Crisp X, lushLuck and 5 others like this.
  12. I'll never not stan how often Natalia gets brought up in other people's threads.

I guess that's what happens when you reset culture and change pop music forever.

13. Honestly I get the Natalia Kills and Ava Max comparisons because their entire sounds are based on recreating the heyday of 2008-2009 Red One productions popularized by Gaga, and that's what Good Ones also sounds like to me.

Wishlight, lushLuck and SHYGUY like this.
  14. New Sade and Kate Bush albums:

15. Will there ever be a day on this forum where I'm not embarrassed to be a Britney stan?

16. Patiently waiting for Charli’s next single to interpolate Saturday Night and change pop music forever

lushLuck and Harmonia like this.
  17. Good Ones doesn't do a lot, but what it does it does to such pop proficiency, it's only day two and I can already project a lifetime of pent-up frustration onto a pretty vague breakup song.

lushLuck likes this.
  18. Okay but when will any of the girlies have the guts to release something as industry stirring as Controversy?

Wishlight, Verandi, soratami and 2 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.