Charli XCX - "Good Ones" + Eventual Album | Page 75 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - "Good Ones" + Eventual Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Heartthrob, May 23, 2021.

1. Yeah it’s mostly pure sales and a few days worth of streaming data that it’s based on. It should climb higher as the week progresses

Tracy Jacks likes this.
  2. P*tchfork spilling in their VMAs post, we really are going Best New Music this era girlies

3. Good Ones will have over 10 million stream on Spotify by the end of the week. Smash.

4. Where did Atlantic finally find the budget to splash out on expensive videos and p4k payola?? I guess she really did sell her soul.

5. Can the basement that they run P*tchfork out of just rebuild already.

6. I believed this when reading it but…

7. I hate Jaris.

8. Okay but if you tried that with Brooke Candy’s phone.

9. She would pick up instantly

R27, happiestgirl, GimmeWork and 11 others like this.
  10. Caroline is literally living in Charli’s guest bedroom these days so...

11. Umru is teasing a Good Ones remix with some brazilian djs, one of them used to play in one of my favorite partys so i’m excited.

codecat, dewzero, sesita and 5 others like this.
  12. Good Ones video feels very Heathers meets The Craft. Like, this would be a brilliant follow up to In My Blood by The Veronicas.

bazayer likes this.
  13. Good Ones is a hoot. The visuals. The crisp production. The song lasting as long as the flavour of a stick of Juicy Fruit. The abundance of hooks. This whole era is very exciting.

Steve003, Hunter, Crisp X and 2 others like this.
  14. Am I crazy or at one point didnt Charli kind of imply Brooke pressures her to get features out of Charli?

1991 likes this.
  15. Even though we basically knew this, her appearance on the Net-A-Porter podcast confirms early 2022 for the album.

She previously said she had to deliver the record to Atlantic by December for vinyls to be ready in time, so December 1st it is for the leak and March 18th for the actual release.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021 at 4:23 PM
  16. A seven month album campaign is such an exhausting prospect, especially when the vinyl will ultimately be pushed back anyway and it will be all for nothing.

slaybellz likes this.
  17. I've said this before but waiting for vinyl (and losing months of streams in the process) makes no sense for an artist like Charli who's chances of a number 1 album were slim.

Hyrulian and slaybellz like this.
  18. But the hits are happening now? This happens every time.

slaybellz and elektroxx like this.
  19. Once the album is out that will probably be it for the campaign, bar touring. So if a long rollout means we get a couple of more singles/videos I'm fine with waiting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.