Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now | Page 116 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Mar 17, 2020.

1. I can't get over how incredible this album is. i dont think ive been moved by a piece of music since Joanna Newsom - Ys back in 2006. i cant bring myself to listen to party 4 u because it just makes me sob.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2020
    VertigoStick and cpr like this.
  2. I have now realized Claws is the dowdy, but secretly ambitious and manipulative sister to Click.

sesita likes this.
  3. Have you...listened to anything in between?

4. c2.0 is right there though!

MmmDani likes this.
  5. Anyone who thinks there is a sub-par song on this album should be visiting a doctor x

6. But ... c2.0 is the best thing on the album? (After Anthems.)

Jwentz likes this.
  7. There isn't a not-great song in this.

Wait, let me say that with my whole chest; there isn't a not-great song in this.

8. The verse in 7 years where she repeats the word really like 100000 times is the only dud moment on the album for me, it completely takes me out of the song. I know she probably only had 5 minutes to write it but still, she can do better than that.

Um... other than that though, I'm pretty sure it all SLAPS to varying degrees.

Outta This World likes this.
  9. RJF

RJF

I think "7 years" is the only track that isn't quite hitting it for me at the moment. Through my multiple plays of the album it remains the sole track that isn't leaving any kind of impression.

10. Wait at these being my bottom two dd. anthems is fine but a bit redundant when Silver Cross does a similar enough sound far better.

11. The shifts in production saves it, for me at least.

Heartthrob likes this.
  12. The intro of "7 years" is one of my favorite things on the album - makes me so emotional.

Heartthrob and eatyourself like this.
  13. There's something so triumphant about 7 years, the production in the verses reminds me of K-pop and the chorus doesn't ever leave my head. The theme is also super sweet and it's so nice to see her singing about her own boyfriend so personally and directly.

speedyboi, Stopremix and Crisp X like this.
  14. The last 45 seconds of "Visions" always leaves me like

[​IMG]

She really went there to close album didn't she?

15. This album is definitely not made for shitty Airpod types of earphones.

Get a good one and LIVE IN THE SOUND.

ally mcbeal and sesita like this.
  16. I love everything on this besides anthems - I feel like it's really overhyped on here? It's so noisy and the production just sounds like some dated Euro banger that is especially jarring after the gorgeous outro on Party 4 U. I don't know, maybe I need more time with it, but her vocals are absolutely grating on the chorus and I feel like I'm about to trigger a migraine even on low volume.

17. *taps mic, clears throat*

No.

18. Guess the song from the lyrics:

WIND AH WIND AH WIND AH WINDMINE
    WINDAH WINDAH WINDAH WINDMA
    WINDAH WINDAH WINDAH WIND MUH

19. I honestly stan the Scooter / Basshunter / Cascada throwback production yes hunni.

20. Today I just really appreciate the fact that she officially released Party 4 U, No Angel and Girls Night Out despite her fans being the worst.

Lander, FridayNight, Crisp X and 6 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.