Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now | Page 142 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Mar 17, 2020.

1. I put How I'm Feeling Now away for a few months because it totally wrecked me and I listened to it nonstop for weeks. After her Appleville performance I revisited it and...oh boy did it wreck me again. Album of the year.

2. Is there an album of the year list thus far thread?

3. OspreyQueen

OspreyQueen Staff Member

What do you think about that, now you know how I feel?
    Say you can handle my love, are you for real?
    I won't be hasty, I'll give you a try
    If you really bug me then I'll say goodbye

YOOOOOOOO I'LL TAAWEAWJGjSAHAFGAJHGFAJSFFAHMAJ
    [​IMG]

4. The antithesis to Justin Bieber. THANK GOD FOR CHARLI.

5. With Charli, all content is good content. The more, the merrier.

Lander, Laurence, Ethan Rams and 10 others like this.
  6. I just hope this doesn’t mean the Janet project has been shelved and that this is meant to placate fans while she works on whatever hypothetically Top 40 baiting album she’s doing next.

After the quick turnaround between Charli and how I’m feeling now, it would seem like Charli’s label trouble days are behind us, but part of me is still burned from the whole XCX World era (and the slow lead up to Charli) that I hope they haven’t started to overthink her release strategies again after the relative lackluster performance of how I’m feeling now. But I’ll take all the Charli I can get, hopefully this just means we’re getting more Charli in the near future.

sesita, Ethan Rams, aux and 3 others like this.
  7. Ooh, I wonder what she'll cover on a 2020 version of Heartbreaks & Earthquakes.

nooniebao likes this.
  8. Didn’t she just tease a True Romance revival recently? I trust her craft, but not her word. But don’t doubt that I will suckle on every drip she graces us with.

Runawaywithme, lushLuck and Stopremix like this.
  9. Fairly certain it was going to be some shows but the pandemic dashed those plans. She might as well just wait for the 10th anniversary at this point

10. I got into her because of Heartbreaks & Earthquakes and @superultra, so I'm here for her remembering that her earlier mixtapes exist.

Sam, Lander, Dreampopboy and 11 others like this.
  11. Justice for 14.

Dreampopboy likes this.
  12. Why do I feel that even if the "Janet" album does come, it will be a vague inspiration and not sound at all like Janet, and people will be mad?

Lander, SMG, 2014 and 4 others like this.
  13. If I don't get a cover of The Knowledge by the end of the year I'm unstanning.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  14. The thought of her doing something in the vein of "The Pleasure Principle" really just hit me, wow. I need this Janet-inspired LP.

Jersey, Lander, Dreampopboy and 11 others like this.
  15. I can't really imagine Charli making music similar to Janet, aside from maybe this.

Euphoria and dewzero like this.
  16. Gone had a big 80s Janet vibe already.

I have "the Janet album" envisioned as like, new jack swing and late 80s/early 90s house remixes with AG's chrome polish.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020
    McQueer, Lander, Jonathan27 and 11 others like this.
  17. Do we know if the SOPHIE-produced Wanna Get Fucked Up was intended for the Janet record?

elektroxx likes this.
  18. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Boom Clap is still a complete MOMENT I'm glad she's seen the light

Sam, Stopremix and lushLuck like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.