Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now | Page 208 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - How I'm Feeling Now

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Hyrulian, Mar 17, 2020.

1. The millennial in Charli jumped out with her not realising Tik Tok trends only last for a week dd.

2. Y'all... are having a lot of emotions over this ddd

MiChiMadNesS, Verandi, Sam and 6 others like this.
  3. When it comes to actual edits that have been made to songs, my stance is that the songs should be tagged as such. The same way they tag shit like "Remaster", "Album Version", "Single Version", "Radio Edit", and if the edits are significant enough, then it should be reuploaded as it's own thing like a remix.

For example how Shygirl quietly removed the sample in one of her songs which basically changed the whole vibe of the song, and just hoped no one would notice, like no...

Inky, tea, heavymetalGAGA and 6 others like this.
  4. Or like when the original version of Slumber Party was quietly replaced by the Tinashe remix... same with Doing It and the Rita Ora remix. At least the internet is full of unofficial music archivists anyway.

5. I feel like the practice of adding a subtitle with the recognisable line to a song so it will be easier to find/purchase it was always a thing?
    Florence + The Machine “Spectrum (Say My My Name)”, Kelis “Caught Out There (I Hate You So Much Right Now!), The Rapture “Whoo! Alright - Yeah… Uh Huh (People Don't Dance No More)”, Robyn “Do You Really Want Me (Show Respect)”, New Order “World (The Price Of Love)” all had these subtitles for a single release, and I am sure there are tons of other examples. I am not even talking about 60s where every other song had a subtitle, which would appear to disappear depending on the release.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    sergioesludico, huntypoo and ysev like this.
  6. This - I was thinking of the exact same thing but couldn't come up with any specific instance. I also remember there were also songs that got a re-release with "the [commercial] song" added in brackets when they were featured on popular adverts.

huntypoo and Sabrettes like this.
  7. I mean, I'm cool with songs that already had a parenthetical title from the jump (i.e. "Unthinkable (I'm Ready)" by Alicia Keys), but it's a little annoying for me and my last.fm when titles change needlessly, and I'm not throwing any coin at them either.

I can see why a song's title might change to include a parenthetical when the original title is nowhere to be found in the lyrics (i.e. "Habits (Stay High)" by Tove Lo), but Charli literally says "unlock it" in the song's most viral part.

8. Not to open this box of worms, but I also feel like this is also a prime example of the whole “you don't own the songs you stream” thing.

Inky, tea, johnny_tsunami and 9 others like this.
  9. I Hate All This Gravity (an outtake from how i'm feeling now) has leaked.

10. I’m???

BubblegumBoy, tea, Lander and 17 others like this.
  11. Oh awesome it’s finally coming to streaming platforms!

superultra likes this.
  12. I heard Spinning at a bar yesterday (nature is healing), and whew henny

[​IMG]

13. The way we’ve been fed monthly by her.

14. These appetizers have been cute but I'm ready for a full five-course meal.

15. Charli’s serving some instagram model energy in Rostam’s new video.

Last edited: May 4, 2021
    tea and elektroxx like this.
  16. Don’t give her EP ideas

MmmDani, johnny_tsunami and LPMA like this.
  17. Another day, another slay.

18. Sam

Sam

Football chant intro aside, this is great

slaybellz and superloves like this.
  19. Charli & AG have taken over Spotify’s Hyperpop playlist:

If you’re wondering why the Kidz Bop cover of “Chicken Noodle Soup” is on there:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.