Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album | Page 122 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 20, 2015.

1. I instinctively hate songs with nursery-rhyme melodies so I'm finding this... a struggle.

I like her commitment to being the one woman millennial Shampoo though.

constantino, Mr.Arroz, BML and 6 others like this.
  2. God, I wish I could hear this.

3. The new song is fine.

I loved True Romance so much like... what happened? I have barely liked any songs she's done since.

4. This is good, but not great, maybe the music video will convince me.

5. The single is nice, if slightly basic. It sounds like a Sucker album track and I'm not sure how to feel about that. I was expecting a heavier PC Music influence but maybe she's just saving that for the album.

6. It's amazing. I'm obsessed.

BloodShyBait likes this.
  7. I love it! This is pretty much what I expected after what @selectual told is about it back in June/July.

Noir likes this.
  8. Single of the year until her next single, quite frankly.

Deleted member 21339, Island and Ferk like this.
  9. Yeah, it takes about three listens to truly click but YAS. Yachty is actually a welcome inclusion.

RIRI ON REPLAY fucks me up.

BloodShyBait and Ferk like this.
  10. It might be just me and it's obviously primarily Stargate, but I hear shades of SOPHIE in this?

Consideration and digitalkaiser like this.
  11. It sounds like an absolute smash. This should be huge.

Andy French likes this.
  12. Apparently someone said he has a lot of insider info about the album, on the PC Music boards (probably fake, but I'll post it regardless)

13. Right? There's never any build to their chorus melodies and they always seem to plateau into nothingness.

Good to see 'We Can't Stop' is still continuing to inspire the lessors after three years.

14. The song is cute, but doesn't do much for me. The production is a bit too muted and the sing/songy melody leaves me cringing a tad.

Give me the video, though.

15. That mock-up pose is serving me Cher Lloyd debut album teas. I'm partially living.

The lack of mention for Girls Night Out in that supposedly real or fake write-up is worrying.

XCX... Hm.

Karvel likes this.
  16. I want it.

Ferk likes this.
  17. I hope that album stuff is true because it sounds perfect and I'm already dripping. I'm having to work late because of a stupid Halloween party at my job but I'm so tempted to just say fuck all of it and go home to prepare myself for my imminent annihilation.

18. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm gagging for the album.

19. I do think is fake, because I just read Charli said to some fan she will not include songs from the EP. she just said everything will be new, if she does not include Girls Night Out, Round & Round and Bounce I am going to cry.

Deleted member 21339 likes this.
  20. Zane Lowe tagged SOPHIE when talking about the song on Twitter.

Also I don't think that "insider" info is real? Charli already said SOPHIE produced or co-produced every track.

Andy French likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.