Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album | Page 23 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 20, 2015.

1. I hope Vroom Vroom becomes a bad memory and we get something halfway between Sucker and True Romance.

MrMannacroix and HeartSwells like this.
  2. I at least want it in HQ before we start dooming it.

PEARL, Island and lushLuck like this.
  3. A HQ version is doing the rounds, actually... I hope it makes the final album.

4. I still stand by 'Vroom Vroom', I don't get the hate. I think it's absolutely brilliant.

Lander, collxtion, PEARL and 8 others like this.
  5. She was with AG Cook recently, so I assume the album will still have its PC Music/SOPHIE touch.

PEARL, Jersey, Island and 1 other person like this.
  6. I don't get the hate either. Like I said when Vroom Vroom premiered, the people who had already made up their minds on PC Music's sound/aesthetic weren't going to be won over by it. I like how it's poppy, bright and frothy but has a bit of a sinister undercurrent - and who better to pull that off than Charli?

Island and mindtrappa like this.
  7. Island

Island Staff Member

I'm ready for this updated 2016-ified Love. Angel. Music. Baby.

PEARL likes this.
  8. Even as a big fan of hers I think that her cover of Bleacher's "Rollercoaster" is the best thing she's served up since Superlove.

Vroom Vroom is fun though.

Number likes this.
  9. Upset at the amount of disrespect toward Sucker in this thread!

10. Is Vroom Vroom still not on itunes? Is she filming video for that with paris hilton?

Island likes this.
  11. Doesn't that explain the hate then? I like Vroom Vroom well enough but I also like PC Music, which is a very polarizing sound. As you said, Vroom Vroom doesn't reinvent that style; anyone who knows PC Music would immediately know what sound it was going for, so it makes sense that people aren't stanning blindly just because it's Charli.

Mr.Arroz likes this.
  12. Your taste is basically immaculate.

13. I want the album and I am sure it is still very Pc Music

Jersey and PEARL like this.
  14. I hope this is gonna be a Q1 release with the first proper single soon. I feel like she's been dying to release this since before she even cancelled the remaining dates of the Sucker tour.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2016
    Jersey likes this.
  15. I don't know what her or her label's plans are, but I hope they did go for something a tiny bit more commercial than PC Music, as I really think she can do more in establishing herself to the point where she can experiment and go different places. I don't want her to not make the music she likes, but I'm positive she has some fabulous hits up her sleeves if she plays her cards right and doesn't jump into PC Music yet.

16. She should release something like Danny L. Harle's 'Broken Flowers'. Do PC music for the radio, Charli.

Jersey likes this.
  17. Island

Island Staff Member

I hope there's choreography.

18. It already feels like forever since we last heard something new from Charli.

19. I saw this baby bib on Amazon and just...well. Words don't do justice.

[​IMG]

constantino, PEARL, Noir and 9 others like this.
  20. Yep, totes buying this.

Island likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.