Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album | Page 241 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Just about to listen.

2. Roll With Me sounds like everything I've ever wanted helppppp.

Xanax likes this.
  3. Correction, out there. About to listen as well.

4. is there a place besides spotify where i can listen to it?

5. Listening now, 3AM really would be one of her best singles. Give me a visual.

FridayNight, Mr.Arroz and Blob like this.
  6. Mmmmmm yes Roll With Me is gonna tear this forum apart.

Xanax likes this.
  7. Sam

Sam

I have plans on Friday night. I'm so excited to roll home absolutely hammered and get my life then forget about it all the next day.

TRAVVV, lushLuck and beekeeper like this.
  8. We should probably start a collection for @Island's funeral.

Jwentz, FridayNight, lushLuck and 3 others like this.
  9. "Roll With Me" is everything. The standout-track for me.

10. Grabbing this now before work, perched!!!

11. Okay that was all amazing but 3AM, Roll With Me, Emotional and Babygirl are the highlights.

12. Girls Thinking Bout Boys >>>>

13. Vroom vroom indeed!

Xanax likes this.
  14. The shit's leaking all over the place and I'm at work with no means to catch it all, ugh.

lushLuck likes this.
  15. It's cute how many tracks have the stuttered XCX.

16. Have to wait 1.5 hours for my first listen and I am perched.

What are the highlights guys? How would you compare those tracks to the three we already had?

17. Babygirl can be the summer bop it's destined to be.

Unfortunately ILY2, Emotional, and Blame It On You can stay in the unrelease bin. TKO passed over? How dare you Charli.

Deleted member 6758 likes this.
  18. This is really good, I think the three tracks she premiered earlier in the week are my highlights for now. I assumed the mixtape was to get all the PC leaning stuff out and have the album be a little less... but I don't see why any of this couldn't have made the album. Especially with the likes of fucking Bounce supposedly making it. I'm not fussed either way, but the status of the album being so vague is odd.

*continues bopping*

digitalkaiser and tnargtnarud like this.
  19. I can't wait to listen on break; and after work, and the day after and so on and so forth.

TRAVVV, FridayNight, Sam and 6 others like this.
  20. Since I expected this to be more in the style of the "heartbreaks and earthquakes"-mixtape she released ages ago, I was very surprised that this is more of an elaborated EP or even a short album.

Allthough the quality of every song is outstanding (for a mixtape), most of the tracks lack that special something to me (besides "Dreamer" and "Roll with me" which are killer tracks). Especially the midtempos feel a bit same-y. I expected the mixtape to be a lot more experimental and more pcmusic.

So thankful for this though! Will definitely help to shorten the time till the album release.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
    digitalkaiser likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.