Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album | Page 242 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 20, 2015.

1. This shows up in the iTunes database, so I'm guessing it'll be able to be purchased?

2. Roll With Me just destroyed my bussy.

FridayNight, digitalkaiser and Xanax like this.
  3. I appreciate the True Romance vibe throughout. It already has more of what drew me to Charli initially than Sucker ever did, based on the snippets alone.

4. Pics or it didn't destroy.

TRAVVV, FridayNight, Lander and 13 others like this.
  5. This is incredible.

Andy French and digitalkaiser like this.
  6. Roll with me is a SCREAM, I love how hyper it is.

I think I like this whole body of work much more then I thought I would, its very solid and fun.
    I actually like some of the slower tracks myself, I think they are really well constructed and crisp. Emotional is also a highlight, I love that chorus. Solidly the mixtape has more highs then lows, and is a pretty great bridge to an eventual album. Its hard to imagine if her and the label really think they have BETTER songs for the album then some of these gems? ( Roll with me, Dreamer, Pull up, Emotional, Lipgloss, Babygirl being the highs here I think ) Drugs and ILY2 seem like growers, but are very cool.

Its kind of mix between her PC music stuff and True Romance so that should make quite a few people pleased.

7. This is like a crazy blend of everything she's done. I mostly hear influences from True Romance and Vroom Vroom, but with that "anthemic" vibe that Sucker had. It's really great.

8. Island

Island Staff Member

Poor Jennifer Hudson.

Ferk, TRAVVV, Lander and 6 others like this.
  9. Woah.
    Vroom Vroom made me a fan, but THIS has captured my heart.
    Let me replay this until my ears bleed.

Island and Noir like this.
  10. I hope so. Get minimal extra coin Charli!

11. Fuck, this is a dream.

Every single track is amazing, especially 3AM, Lipgloss, Babygirl, White Rises, Roll with me... but it's just perfect.

It's all very LOVE.ANGEL.MUSIC.BABY actually. Incredible.

Lander, Jersey, Noir and 2 others like this.
  12. I can't stop crying. We did it kids.

13. Why does "Roll With Me" sound like you're watching Sunday morning cartoons until the mask slips and you're actually watching some sort of satanic ritual?

Ferk, Jersey, FridayNight and 12 others like this.
  14. Can't wait to hear this in full.

15. The track sounds like it could definitely be an evolution of this:

Andy French and mindtrappa like this.
  16. Totally.

Also does anyone hear a Rihanna "What's My Name?" vocal sample on "Emotional"?

digitalkaiser, huntypoo and slaybellz like this.
  17. Then it can't be bad.

Very excited as I'm a second from moving on to ''Blame It On U''

18. Ehh, if anything it was Icona Pop shade.

Island likes this.
  19. Ferk, FridayNight, Lander and 4 others like this.
  20. Interesting, get that extra coin Charli!

I don't know why the label was so weird about this release. I mean, I'm glad they are selling it but it seems counter productive to 'We hope people don't think this is the album, its just a mixtape!!1' narrative we've heard about.
    Honestly have no idea what they want from her.

Andy French likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.