Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album | Page 245 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Number 1 Angel (Mixtape) + Third Album

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Island

Island Staff Member

Uffie's part made me so happy.

2. The production.... Jesus, it's mindblowing.

Lander and Noir like this.
  3. Sam

Sam

is this good then

4. Blame it On You is that explosive grower on the mixtape though, I'm obsessed.

5. Babygirl is wonderful.

FridayNight and Island like this.
  6. I appreciate how much the mixtape feels like a very well balanced mix of the sounds Charli's explored throughout True Romance, Sucker and the Vroom Vroom EP, but presented in a completely new, exciting fashion and as a glimpse of her upcoming work. It's perfect.

7. The version I got has 3AM labeled (feat. Mu) and 2007-me just about had a heart attack imagining both her and Uffie on the same release.

Noir likes this.
  8. I'm really loving this. 3AM, Roll With Me, Emotional and ILY2 could have/ should have been on a proper album. But I suppose that bodes well for what actually made it into the album.

Noir likes this.
  9. This is so fucking good oh my GOD

[​IMG]

TRAVVV, Jersey, Ferk and 15 others like this.
  10. The production is deadly, the songwriting untouchable, the lyrics sharper and more emotional than ever...
    All of them are a 9 to 10 out of 10 for me but if I had to pick favorites: ''Roll With Me'', ''White Roses'' and ''Emotional''. The first for being so elevating and exciting, the other two for their True Romance PC Music-upgraded vibe. Those choruses are what chills are made of.

Noir and johnoclock like this.
  11. Emotional is incredible. Wow.

aniraz likes this.
  12. "Babygirl" is soooo Ronika. I love it.

The whole thing is fantastic, though. "Emotional" and "ILY2" show a completely different side compared to "Dreamer" and "Blame It On You."

Dreampopboy, aniraz, Island and 3 others like this.
  13. The writing is predictably ace, the production bounces and fizzes and pops and zips all over the place, everything is just spine tinglingy good. Amazing pop.

14. Babygirl reminded me a lot of Ronika as well, but almost better if you can believe it just because uffies on the track!

Island and xOJakeXo like this.
  15. The guitar solo at the end ILY2 is a highlight for me. As if things couldn't get any better, she throws it.

I find Uffie's feature on ''Babygirl'' somewhat obnoxious. That would be the only ''but'' for me, yet its a quibble.

johnoclock likes this.
  16. The Uffie feature is kind of disappointing, no? I mean, I love her, and I enjoy her delivery here, but I was hoping for a rap verse. What she does on Babygirl seems closer to her Tom Tom Club cover than her own solo stuff I love her for. I suppose this might hint at the new vibe she's got going on for her upcoming material? More singy, less rappy?

beekeeper likes this.
  17. It was the standout for me... popjustice.

digitalkaiser likes this.
  18. The hip-hop influences on some of the darker songs are very interesting, and kinda unexpected. They work surprisingly well.

RUNAWAY, FridayNight, Lander and 7 others like this.
  19. 3AM & Roll With Me invented music.

Ferk, Hyrulian, RUNAWAY and 10 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.