Charli XCX - Pop 2 | Page 513 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Pop 2

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by Lander, Dec 6, 2017.

1. I hate that I love this.

andru likes this.
  2. Wasn't there supposed to be a Charli feature on the Ugly Dolls soundtrack? With Bebe Rexha?

superultra likes this.
  3. Is this for real?

AllGagaLike likes this.
  4. It’s...cute. I’m sad that I don’t find Diplo’s production super exciting most of the time these days.

5. Number 1 Angel and Pop 2 are the best albums of 2017, and she released an EP worth of singles in 2018. Don't fall for the stan melodrama and enjoy the bops.

6. If only she and A.G. had released her cover of Believe instead, ugh. That was amazing.

sonia, Rem, heavymetalGAGA and 19 others like this.
  7. It's not her best song but I wouldn't mind bopping to it on the beach this summer. It serves its purpose.

Artangel likes this.
  8. I think the answer they were looking for is more along the lines of:

After Sucker, Atlantic (her label) was disappointed by her lack of commercial success, and shelved what would have been Charli’s third studio album in 2016 over creative disagreements. She still hasn’t put out a “third album” for that reason, though it seems like that could change this year.

She managed to put out two fantastic album-length mixtapes (Number 1 Angel and Pop 2) in 2017 without much label support or involvement, to the disappointment of certain fans who care about things like music videos and traditional TV promotion cycles, but to the benefit of the rest of us.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  9. Wannabe / Believe double single as the last monthly drop, leading into 1999’s release, would have been...phenomenonal.

sonia, Hyrulian, Rem and 16 others like this.
  10. I'm STILL mad that this didn't get released.

Glitterizer, Rem, Jacques and 13 others like this.
  11. [​IMG]

Meanwhile "Come To My Party" and "Bricks" are somewhere sitting on a hard drive collecting dust.

12. Same here. I can't help but feel all of this would've been perfect promo for 1999. After the fact it just feels like she's stuck in a loop of 90s nostalgia.

Lander and superultra like this.
  13. I'm willing a Come To My Party/Party 4 U double A side into existence

14. Apparently last night at Dorian Electra’s Flamboyant release party, Dylan Brady played what sounds like a remix of Blame It On Your Love during his DJ set - the vocals are heavily autotuned like in Track 10 but it has the adlibs from the leaked earlier version (and in general sounds like a different vocal take). I don’t know if that’s the version that will have Lizzo on it, but it fuckin slaps so it’ll probably never get released. You can hear a clip of it if you go on Dorian’s Instagram story.

15. I just checked it out and, oh my fucking gosh, I need it in my life. This better get released before that abysmal Diplo collab.

collxtion and Andy French like this.
  16. I’m not gonna lie, I will definitely take THAT version with my Track 10. I hope that’s true(r) to the final production because goddamn.

17. Agreed. I hope it's unhinged like the version on Dorian's story instead of the trop-bop version that leaked ages ago.

Mr Blonde likes this.
  18. OH see I'm here for that. I always assumed it would be that neutered version that leaked too.

19. I’m not even gonna listen to that insta story to play myself. I know better, finally.

20. Queen is going to the Met Gala!

Rem, Island, LukePreston and 35 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.