Charli XCX - Sucker (2nd Studio Album) | Page 103 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Sucker (2nd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Clinging onto that 2014 release in the US.

2. It sounds like a bad april fool joke.
    For real.
    All this waiting. I really am afraid that this album will be shelved in the end.

3. The DRAMA.^

Well this is annoying, but it's not that big of a deal in the end.

4. I think we at least got the album cover?

[​IMG]

5. Bloody hell Charlotte.
    I don't understand why she wouldn't strike while the iron's still hot.

That is a great picture though

6. It obviously wasn't her decision. Good old fashioned label buffoonery.

7. The new promo pic is very pretty.

I'm not surprised the album has been pushed back.

8. I guess they're counting on Break the Rules being a hit too? Either way, what a stupid decision.

9. I doubt it'll get shelved, she's got a solo and featured hit to her name which puts her in a far better position than the release of True Romance.

Hmm, I guess this is for promotion purposes. Cue to her having zero promotion over that entire period.

10. 'Break the Rules' isn't doing anything, anywhere. I think its time has passed so the push back doesn't surprise me at all. There wasn't any pressure for True Romance to do anything; her situation is totally different now they've brought in the big name producers and it would have been a bit silly to release without a current hit in my opinion. It's obviously frustrating as a fan. But understandable.

11. Break the Rules has got 0 promotion, maybe they will push the single until christmas instead of the album.

12. It's not released until October though? Break the Rules, that is. I doubt they'd just given up on it.

13. The names attached to the album aren't huge but I can understand there being more expected of her now that Boom Clap has performed very well.

I never expected Break The Rules to rocket up the charts but I'm surprised it's done absolutely nothing. I hope they've got a backup plan.

14. Fucking total idiots...if anything this should have been bought forward in the US and kept the same in the UK.

15. matthew.

matthew. Staff Member

It won't be shelved. But it's 2014. When will labels realize that split releases are a TERRIBLE idea?

16. I haven't been keeping up with this thread, is there a reason we're assuming that the cover on iTunes isn't the actual cover?

17. Silly decision, why do labels always do this. Boom Clap is still hanging around. Releasing so close to Christmas could be a big mistake for her too in America. The kind of sales that could get her a top 5 in October might mean she misses the top 20/30 the week before Christmas.

Also, it's not like her fanbase is massive over here, so having a 6 week gap seems silly.

18. Mr. PJ posted the album art along with the news of the push back. Also says he was ready to call this his "album of the year" before it was sent to 2015 in the UK.

Anyways, beyond frustrating.

[​IMG]

19. This all feels like her version of Electra Heart for some reason.

20. This will leak WAY before it's supposed to come out right ?

Ebay; Ebay; Where them promo copies at.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.