Charli XCX - Sucker (2nd Studio Album) | Page 235 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX - Sucker (2nd Studio Album)

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by ElectricHearts, Sep 20, 2013.

2. Vocal melodies sound solid, which is typical for Charli but the "music" sounds terrible.

I'll wait to hear the actual song/production but I hope these new songs veer away from this PC music sound.

3. Suddenly I desperately want her to cover "Lip Gloss" before she exits her 90s teen horror movie phase.

4. I assume you don't mean Lil' Mama's forgotten classic?

Noonie Bao is back on board: http://www.maximumpop.co.uk/noonie-bao-interview/.

5. I never forgot Lil Mama.

Square, Jacques, Vasilios and 2 others like this.
  6. I've been listening to the live version of Let's Ride/Vroom Vroom constantly for the past couple of days.

7. I love what we've heard of Vroom Vroom, Girls' Night Out and Throw It Up, but Make It Right is the one I'm looking forward to the most.

8. Why is that troll not releasing those AMAZING SOPHIE tracks? They can't get any more amazing?

Lander, Mr Blonde and Andy French like this.
  9. I get such an Alice Deejay vibe from the chorus, or is it the drop, oh fuck it the sung part of Throw It Up. I've been perched for these songs since the SXSW clips eked out and I'll remain perched until they finally get released in 2029.

"I WANT THAT TROPHY"

Noir and Vasilios like this.
  10. Vroom Vroom sounds so amazing.

Is the entire 3rd album going to be produced by SOPHIE? Or is it just a bunch of collabs and her album material is yet to come?

11. Charli posted on Instagram that the stuff she's been working on with SOPHIE is for her next album. Apparently, she's also worked on some stuff with A. G. Cook. There aren't any other collaborators confirmed for Charli's next album. She was in the talks of working on something with Hannah Diamond, but for her project, not Charli's. She also recently(-ish) co-wrote some stuff with LIZ, she worked on something with MNDR and one of the HAIM sisters, did some writing with Dr. Luke that hasn't surfaced yet (which was rumoured to be for Rihanna at some point) and then there's the Benny Blanco + Ryn Weaver + Charli stuff that was meant for Gwen's forever delayed album.

Musicxc and clockworknovak like this.
  12. I love how she's waiting till the tracks sound completely old.

Square likes this.
  13. Sam

Sam

I heard one of these by accident the other day.

PC Music is trash.

4Roses, HeartSwells and MrMannacroix like this.
  14. Everything about this sounds perfect. Literally everything.

Jersey likes this.
  15. I need Girls Night Out in full and like, right now. I need the whole album in my life.

Andy French and Xanax like this.
  16. I'm cool with the PC Music direction but I hope she doesn't wait too long to release it.

Andy French and Euphoria like this.
  17. Agreed. "Girls Night Out" sounds so fresh & current, but if Miley is actually hopping on the PC Music train as well, others are sure to follow, and this could all sound severely dated by New Years.

Andy French and Euphoria like this.
  18. Island

Island Staff Member

Uffie, ha true impact.

Queen.

Dennis likes this.
  19. Seriously, it's getting to Elvenpath-waiting-for-new-Kylie levels of excitement for me. I NEEEEEEEEEED IT.

Jersey likes this.
  20. Fingers crossed this means the next album is due for release by the end of the year.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.