Charli XCX -Taxi | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX -Taxi

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by RJF, Sep 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RJF

RJF

It's not very often you discover a popstar when she's three feet away from you, straddling a speaker and voraciously humping said speaker, but that is exactly the story behind my discovery of Charli XCX. I went to see The Whip on Friday night (They were amazing.), and they were being supported by this girl. She was so ferocious on stage that there was actually a gap between the stage and the audience! Amazing.

Energetic, great stage presence, lovely voice and most of all, brilliant tracks. They're all mostly rather dark electro-pop, with most veering into the more aggressive electronic side of things, and vocally she's the lovechild of Marina and Karen O.

The current single seems to be "Stay Away", which is out on iTunes now. There's also a cover of Athlete's "Wires" on her YouTube channel. She also did a song with Alex Metric called "End Of The World".

Her album seems to be listed for a November release. I can't wait!

EDIT: Just realised I was searching for a thread with an e at the end of her name, and thus I didn't find the existing thread. Sorry, mods!

2. aux

aux

Yass @RJF you better stan

3. Yas, now let's about "Taxi," y'all.

He and Stopremix like this.
  4. aux

aux

":("

Lander, myblood, He and 8 others like this.
  5. Omg

He, Mr Blonde and spaceship like this.
  6. This poetry in the first post, I live!

7. Um what happened

spaceship likes this.
  8. Eight years, three albums, three mixtapes and an EP.

9. @RJF being the original PJ angel is the gag of the season.

10. Current day @RJF talking about 2011 @RJF:

11. RJF

RJF

12. It'd be such a kii if this turned into the Charli General Discussion thread.

AshleyKerwin, Stopremix and lushLuck like this.
  13. RJF

RJF

Done.

14. I shouldn't be screaming this loud in my office on a quiet Friday afternoon, but THE THREAD TITLE.

15. Honestly pop justice. PIN IT!

sesita, Laurence, myblood and 6 others like this.
  16. We're home, gherls.

17. The date! Not Rashida being that far ahead of the curve.

He and aux like this.
  18. Why does this title give me potential future evil energies dddd

19. The space missing after the dash if giving me Charlie XCX teas. A full circle moment.

elektroxx likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.