Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [WINNER] | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [WINNER]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by digitalkaiser, Mar 7, 2018.

1. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh by the way, I listened through my playlist and the good sis Charli makes listening to all of these tracks incredibly easy. Bops and hooks for days. It's essentially a giant moody party playlist.
    Have yourself a glass of wine or your favorite substance and get rating! (and dancing)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. The typos in the extras section are KILLING ME.

Sanctuary and digitalkaiser like this.
  3. [​IMG]

4. Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out!
    Fixed in both lists!

5. Imagine thinking Need Ur Luv is a listenable song... Can't relate!

6. [​IMG]

7. My ballot would be finished very quickly if I didn't need to put myself through Sucker again.

8. Looks like a top-level 11 candidate to me.

9. I only started listening to the good sis when she released Number 1 Angel. Before that I only knew her from I CRASH MY CAR INTO THE BRIDGE AND WATCH IT BURN and IMMM SO FAAANCY.
    But Pop 2 (& N1A) are absolutely masterpieces, and so are most of her collaborations (Mr Oizo? Giorgio Moroder?? AND Tinashe?!) She was my big discovery in 2017... late to the party but I arrived.

[​IMG]

10. I’m here to be basic and stan Boom Clap.

11. I love the Disco Tits video.

12. [​IMG]

13. Franchesckaar should have been included for a kii

14. Low key I would've given it an 8.

15. This You're the One betrayal.

collxtion and Jwentz like this.
  16. I’m honestly deciding between the two.

Remorque and Island like this.
  17. I want to do this so bad but Charli’s Songs range from absolute 11/10 masterpieces (Unlock It, Nuclear Seasons) to complete duds that I can’t bear to listen to again (Boom Clap, White Roses) and I’m afraid of a collective dragging if I'm throwing out low scores to 1/4 of her songs....

Untouchable Ace likes this.
  18. Yeah. Better not to risk it.

19. Feel free to rate! I will most likely be pretty clear with people if I think their ballots are trolling. I don't think not liking 1/4 of her music is really that bad, people are allowed to be critical. Just ensure you explain your reasoning if you give a song under a 3.

HOWEVER, to be clear people:

As an anecdote, if I see Sucker with a sub 1-5 average while the rest of her output is rated much higher at 6-10, I will be replying to your PMS for some clarification. I simply and philosophically don't think Sucker as an album is THAT different/behind/inferior to any of Charli's work, and If you can't see that, this isn't the rate for you. I absolutely think a handful of tracks on Sucker are duds, and it's not my favorite album here, so I'm not saying this as a stan of that body of work and will rate and provide my reasoning accordingly. This goes for any particular album, if I see a major difference I will inquire with you personally via PM.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.