Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [WINNER] | Page 65 | The Popjustice Forum

Charli XCX World - Discography Rate [WINNER]

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by digitalkaiser, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

...Well at least Lipgloss made the top 10.

[​IMG]

2. Just kidding!

I'm not sure what I'm rooting for now. It's a good top 10, although not what I would've picked. I'm surprised ILY2 made it further than so many of the N1A/Pop 2 culls.

3. The top 10 is actually pretty good, even if I lost a ridiculous amount of my faves from the top 20 til now though I'm still mourning Grins and especially Track 10's departures
    [​IMG]

4. The Top 10 (minus "ILY2") is actually solid even tho y'all axed most of my actual choices for Charli's Top 10.

5. Backseat would be one of the tracks from Pop 2 y’all cling to through the Top 10. PopJepstice strikes again.

6. I'm not surprised 3AM is here but it and ILY2 look really out of place right about now.

7. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  8. 2014

2014 Staff Member

1 SuperLove
    2 Take My Hand
    3 3am (Pull Up)
    4 Nuclear Seasons
    5 ILY2
    6 Backseat
    7 Vroom Vroom
    8 Lipgloss
    9 Unlock It
    10 Roll With Me

The complete lack of True Romance is disheartening and inaccurate to be honest.

Old Untouchable Ace likes this.
  9. I've mostly enjoyed this rate but my blood pressure and I are both glad we're at the Top 10 already so I can stop being personally victimized by y'all and your weird-ass taste. ~~

It says a lot about how much I stan that nearly every round of eliminations has annoyed me in some capacity, I'm getting Madonna 00s Rate flashbacks

RUNAWAY, Jwentz, evilsin and 2 others like this.
  10. 10. 3AM
    9. ILY2
    8. SuperLove
    7. Backseat
    6. Take My Hand
    5. Roll With Me
    4. Unlock It
    3. Lipgloss
    2. Nuclear Seasons
    1. Vroom Vroom

Dijah. and ohnostalgia like this.
  11. Had I known 3AM was going to make it this far, I would have given it a lower score, but other than that I'm pretty happy with this top 10.

With everyone calling for ILY2's cull, I would say it will be the first to go next but the way this rate has gone, I wouldn't be surprised if it sneaked into the top 5 just to piss everyone off!

Old Untouchable Ace and evilsin like this.
  12. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

These are the only three winners I see in the Top 10 List.

13. I regret this oop

[​IMG]

14. [​IMG]

Charli XCX - Backseat
    (Feat. Carly Rae Jepsen)

[​IMG]
    Average: 8.717
    Highest scores: @evilsin @superultra @Petty Mayonnaise @aniraz @nikkysan @Dijah. @blissteria @Riiiiiiiii @sexercise @Remorque @Remyky22 @constantino @Animalia @theelusivechanteuse @Mushroom @myblood @Hurricane Drunk @A$AP Robbie @GimmeWork @Cutlery 10 @Posh Spears @Fantasy @Daniel! 9.5
    Lowest scores: @ohnostalgia 4 @DJHazey 5 @dancingwithmyself @Alouder98 6 @cleosnatchra 6.5

20gayteen is quaking. Carly Rae Jepsen found fending off legions of gays. Dark Horse 'Backseat' dips out first at 10, back to back with N1A opener 'Dreamer'. Kind of ironic I suppose, a little too ironic. 'Backseat' is typical euphoric fare for both Charli and Carly, so it makes sense that both of them would double down on that for this release! I love the throbbing beat behind the pre-chorus and chorus so much, and how you can barely tell they are human when they are singing the chorus. WIG.

I'm not certain I wanted this in the top 10, and I think out of all the entries into it, this one feels...pessimistic. As much as people have been calling out ILY2 for not belonging, it actually is the singular track that makes the MOST sense to be here, a fun fact and SUPER HINT for you and to calm some of your fears so we can go into this top 10 with our heads held high and celebrate greatness, ILY2 shockingly stayed NUMBER 1 for most of the voting period until the very last day, when it was knocked off the top spot. While that happened, the entire top ten shifted, knocking other tracks like Track 10 and Dreamer out and caused 'Backseat' to enter at 10. It was....a lot of me to process. It was all very 'woman falling down stairs.gif' Even so, I love this song, it represents a different sound and I'm glad there's at least one other track from POP2 represented in the top 10, if it couldn't be Tears or Track 10. This is a good iconic taster.

Let's start with our lowest scorer, and I think this sums up her feelings about a lot of POP2/N1A; ohnostalgia writes; "Sometimes sound overwhelms me and I shut down due to sensory overload. I found this happening a loton Pop 2. I can tell there’s a beautiful song underneath, but I really struggle with all the excess pitching and glitches on Backseat. The last minute and a half in particular triggers my anxiety."

My anxiety has been teetering on the edge with these results.
    [​IMG]

Let's discuss the destruction of homosexuals, phew what a collab! Constantino rants; "The muted, dystopian, industrial production? I LIIIVVVEEE! This track has some of the best production in her discography so far; it’s just so textured and rich. Oh and a Charli/Carly collab is truly what gay twitter stan dreams are made of, I’m still gooped." collxtion analyzes the calculated feature "A cascade of buzzsaw synths, murk, and android vocals do not usually a Carly Rae song make, but her inclusion here adds a plaintive edge Charli wouldn’t achieve alone. This is the genius of Charli’s insane A&R brain, evident all over Pop 2 and Number 1 Angel: put a charismatic collaborator in contexts you would never expect, then allow them to become so essential you couldn’t imagine it without." Fantasy is also gooped; "Talk about a collab made in heaven, literally two of my absolutely favourite acts in pop music at the moment. The production is killer and Carly’s sweet voice works so well with Charli’s." We're all on fire and we are dying, evilsin stans "And gays all over the world simultaneously sponteneously combusted. I freaking adore this track and as with the rest of Pop 2 it only gets better with each and every listen." Here are the lyrics to the Popjustice theme song as told by GimmeWork "Charli and Carly could sing a commercial jingle together and I’d still give it a 10 because DUH! Luckily this song is amazing and deserves it! "

Some more huge praises for this track, Cutlery is quivering "We love an OPENER! This genius collab was all we deserved and wanted from Charli & Carly, taking us through steps of loneliness, escapism and heartbreak with their lyrics, the combination of their voices and that bridge. Production-wise it’s quite a dose of electropop bliss too, especially coming in strong during the last chorus!" Superultra is really emosh "If I had to describe this song, I’d use the phrase “electro melancholy.” Charli and Carly really made all my dreams come true with this collab. It’s so emotional.mp3, yet dreamy all the same." Mirwais Ahmadzaï is usually more subdued but the power of Reasus is to great "I’m not one to froth at the mouth if I so much as read the name Carly Rae Jepsen, but this song is a pure pop bop."

[​IMG]

This track evokes MOOD MOOD MOOD, that's for certain. Posh Spears nails it "Truly the perfect night-drive anthem. Sinister, sad, anxious, and majestic." Animalia is feeling cleansed; "Everything from the repeat of "my fingers run through his hair" onwards is literally the peak of modern music, teebs." and OspreyQueen adds "The slow burn from the creaky build up to the sensory-overload climax is incredible." AshleyKerwin gives it her stamp of approval "The instruments around the bridge are my favorite part."

Blessed be Raesus, steaming be my David's Tea.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. I think it got a few places too far but Backseat really is a gorgeous little song.

16. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

it did what now

17. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
    theelusivechanteuse likes this.
  18. [​IMG]

Angels most tasteless fanbase in PJ confirmed

19. Finding out ILY2 didn't win the rate.

[​IMG]

20. ILY2 is great, pure eurphoria that really showcases what Charli does best. Pretty sure I gave it the 10 it deserves...but I'm not sure it should even be in the top 20 of this rate.

Old Untouchable Ace and evilsin like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.