Charlie's Angels (inc. 2019 reboot) | Page 11 | The Popjustice Forum

Charlie's Angels (inc. 2019 reboot)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr. Mr., Oct 3, 2011.

1. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

Keke and Awkwafina would've been great choices.

Honestly though, I'm stanning @Drew's complete and utter disdain for this whole thing so that's the one good thing to come out of this disaster!

2014, Subspace88, Island and 11 others like this.
  2. This. I think I saw more coverage for this film than Ford v. Ferrari which ended up at #1 at the North American box office (although I had already seen Ford v. Ferrari at TIFF so maybe I just wasn't paying attention).

All this floppage actually makes me want to see this. Kind of.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    lushLuck likes this.
  3. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing, like the DC Universe was pretty much falling apart when Wonder Woman came out. (It still is)

Also, I know Captain Marvel is a bigger beast, but it came out a few months after the latest Ant-Man movie, and made double the amount despite being a lesser-known character. I really think Charlie's failure is down to the tone and marketing. Like who was it for?

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  4. Also, the TV reboot failed a few years ago.

lushLuck likes this.
  5. She makes some interesting points though, right? Of course ‘men’ are not (solely) to blame for the box office failure of the movie, but it’s a shame when a conversation like this gets buried beneath baity headlines. I hate that Twitter culture means that Banks’ thoughts get summarised as ‘because men’.

Remorque likes this.
  6. No, don't say that. I have been wanting a sequel to this for ages.

Tribal Spaceman likes this.
  7. The bulk of which arguably came from the possibility of an album full of Ariana Grande album leftovers

Vixen and Remorque like this.
  8. Okay question then - would this movie have done better if Cameron, Lucy and Drew were back?

Personally I think yes - because despite none of them being particularly high profile anymore I think there would still be a draw to see them back on screen and we know it would be a lot of fun.

That’s what this movie lacked - nothing about it felt exciting, interesting or fun. The casting was a mess.

The fact that Elizabeth Banks seems fine to just throw it under the bus now that it’s not made any money sums up how truly invested she really was in the whole thing.

TrixieVillaintina and VitaminBee like this.
  9. Patrick Stewart was adorable in the film. That's all I got.

10. Someboy

Someboy Staff Member

All of this casting talk and no one suggesting a better script...

Vixen, Mr Blonde, PopCrushed and 9 others like this.
  11. Tribal Spaceman

Tribal Spaceman Staff Member

There was a marketing issue though, the trailer had a confused tone and made the film look uninspired.

12. A

t r a i l e r

Vixen, elektroxx, Steve003 and 16 others like this.
  13. Most of us haven't seen the movie sis.

Mr Blonde, JMRGBY, Remorque and 2 others like this.
  14. Still a week and a half away from opening in the UK. I'll reserve script commentary for when (if) I get round to seeing it.

A direct sequel with Cameron, Drew and Lucy returning would probably have done better, but I'm not sure it would have done well.

15. When it comes down to it, the film wasn't ever going to get better names (yet alone, have the previous Angels return) with THAT script being sent to them. Can't blame marketing either; in fact, I applaud the marketing department for cutting together such a fun trailer given what they had to work with.

johnoclock and Someboy like this.
  16. This video raises some interesting points

17. DoggySwami likes this.
  18. BTG

BTG

“This is it. You ready?”

“Are you?”

I realised I was gay that day.

Remorque, Mr Blonde, Lander and 9 others like this.
  19. Drew tied up to that chair in the first movie and kicking all those guys’ butts whilst still tied up was a moment.

20. Demi Moore jumping from the telescope with those two golden guns... THAT was a moment.
    [​IMG]

Humes, Vixen, Remorque and 14 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.