Charlie's Angels (inc. 2019 reboot) | Page 13 | The Popjustice Forum

Charlie's Angels (inc. 2019 reboot)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr. Mr., Oct 3, 2011.

1. I really liked it. Enjoyable enough action flick. Not a patch on the first two films, but I had fun.

WhenTheSunGoesDown likes this.
  2. Elizabeth Banks is that you..?

Uno, lushLuck and stuaw like this.
  3. Also, the soundtrack was great, but this was a standout.

Remorque, lushLuck and VitaminBee like this.
  4. I loved the Bag Girls remix in it but I couldn’t help but imagine Cameron, Drew and Lucy rocking that moment so much better.

5. They could have easily brought back those three for the conclusion of a trilogy and it would’ve been so much better. I feel like the chemistry they had as a trio just can’t be replicated.

6. And more relevant than ever, surely? 3 'mature' women leading a movie. Come on. It would have made much more impact that this. Also, it should have been a summer movie not released just before Christmas.

7. I wonder if the original three were ever on the cards, or whether Cameron refused it so the scrapped the idea. I’d like to think they were offered it, but knowing Hollywood, I imagine it’s unlikely. In a world where the Rock / Arnold / Jason Statham / Vin Diesel can keep leading actions movies into their fifties and beyond, a woman doing the same thing would be simply incomprehensible to those in charge I imagine.

8. You can currently buy both movies on Blu-ray as a double pack for £4.99 in HMV and today there’s an additional 20% off all Blu-rays. Bargain!

9. BTG

BTG

It was definitely on the cards back in the day but the soft domestic box office of Full Throttle probably put an end to it.

I’m sure a reboot with no baggage seemed like the better idea all these years later, so I doubt they ever considered bringing them back in 2019.

scottdisick94 likes this.
  10. She’s a cute girl. The second half was SO much stronger and the finale was actually loads of fun

stuaw and Joe. like this.
  11. I quite enjoyed it to be honest. A solid 6.5/10. Far too much Elizabeth Banks though.

who was the voice of Charlie at the end? Was that Drew?

12. is 6.5 solid ?

Drew likes this.
  13. Is it not? I've seen some shit movies this year.

stuaw and Joe. like this.
  14. I'd give 6/10 (or 3/5) to something I deemed "solid". That's what you need to get a fresh raring on Rotten Tomatoes.

As expected I've already pretty much forgotten most of what happened in the movie but I find it funny that Kristen got the best reactions - I much preferred the other two leads; and found Kristen's forced Buffy-esque wise cracking pretty grating.

15. Well.... I liked it! I watched Full Throttle but last night so I went in with a pretty negative attitude which may have worked in its favour (or not? I was very ready and willing to hate it!) Based on the trailer I already felt it wasn’t as fun as the originals but it wasn’t exactly serious like Bond or Bourne. But the franchise it reminded me of most was Mission Impossible. It was like 60% serious 40% fun.

The biggest revelation was.... Kristen Stewart. I was ready to place the entire blame on her for it being awful but I kinda have to do the opposite? She was great and kinda the MVP. She was a really likeable, cool, kick-ass character. And she was into girls. Would like to see more of this in the sequel. The other two girls were great as well and they all had really good chemistry. Elizabeth Banks was also not insufferable. I quite liked her character actually. The plot was decent. The action could have been a touch more memorable. It could have done with one really awesome and unique action sequence but it was all pretty standard. Not bad by any means but nothing revolutionary.

Basically: a success! I think? Certainly more so than when I saw the first trailer. I would definitely be up for a sequel. There’s for sure potential with these three.

Although when Hailee Steinfeld turned up at the end I did think oh that’s who they should have cast. But I can see why they went with these three.

Also does anyone feel like they were massively hinting at a Cameron or Lucy or Drew cameo which never came?

Hybridcookie and stuaw like this.
  16. I highly doubt a sequel is on the cards based on how this was been received...

Oddly another rebooted franchise that’s been paid dust just as soon as it arrived feat. Elizabeth Banks (Yes I’m talking Power Rangers).

17. We had this discussion before as Naomi Scott was in this and Power Rangers as well.

bonnieetclyde likes this.
  18. There's nothing like being optimistic, I guess.

Rob, Vixen, Subspace88 and 8 others like this.
  19. Did Elizabeth Banks inherit the Becky G curse from co-starring with her in Power Rangers?

RUNAWAY, Alenko, Island and 6 others like this.
  20. I quote WHO CAN NEVER BE SURE? on a daily basis and noone gets it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    RUNAWAY, Vixen, Island and 5 others like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.