Charlie's Angels (inc. 2019 reboot) | Page 4 | The Popjustice Forum

Charlie's Angels (inc. 2019 reboot)

Discussion in 'TV + Film' started by Mr. Mr., Oct 3, 2011.

1. Apparently he's bulking up as we speak. But I'm not expecting an out of this world transformation.

His casting as He-Man was precocious at best.

2. I'd love to see Cameron, Lucy and Drew at it again, but I'm pretty sure that they would've done a third movie it if they wanted to. Drew Barrymore was even executive producer for the (terrible) TV series, wasn't she? It's not happening.

-tastic likes this.
  3. She did produce the failed TV show through her company Flower Films. And she's producing the new movie as well.

4. He

He

Blake Lively is the definition of bland though.

I’d loved a more mature (and with more melanin) casting.

5. She was quite good and surprising in A Simple Favor. I'll give her that.

unnameable, Steve003, Humes and 2 others like this.
  6. I used to think Blake was bland too but she was brilliant in A Simple Favour.

Steve003, Humes, -tastic and 3 others like this.
  7. I don't know. Mission Impossible, to me, has always seemed to take itself too seriously. It wants to look like the cool film to go and see when it's anything but. So that's what I mean by "serious".

8. Trailer is all over the place. It‘s just chaos.

There is nothing telling me I have to see this.

DoggySwami and slaybellz like this.
  9. I stan Kristen Stewart

10. I would love to get an updated version with Jaclyn Smith, Kate Jackson and Cheryl Ladd.

11. Have you seen Personal Shopper? A FILM.

-tastic likes this.
  12. I saw Grace Randolph's trailer reaction to this (yes I occasionally still watch her channel, sue me) and she was right on the money when she said this looks like Forever 21: The Movie.

It's going to be mindless fun and I will enjoy it I'm sure.

Also Kristen Stewart has never looked this into it and genuinely happy in a movie since possibly Café Society? That one for sure you could tell. Or Adventureland. The Runaways. Or American Ultra. She was impressive in the latter.

Matgo likes this.
  13. Drew always said she wanted to do a 3rd one and I think Cameron and Lucy said they did too at one point, but I think Full Throttle needed overseas box office to make a profit and Columbia probably got cold feet on a 3rd one.

I am curious when Drew and Flower Films got involved with this one, because Drew was asked about Charlies Angels a year or so ago and she said something like she'd heard rumblings about something happening but she didn't think she'd be involved. I wonder if Flower Films has some rights to the brand or something?

The blue racing suit that the girls wear in the first film is in the trailer for this one by the way.

Sideout likes this.
  14. I think a third sequel after all these years would have made even less sense than a reboot. They should have just left it alone.

DoggySwami likes this.
  15. Honestly, we don't get enough movies about spies doing fun spy nonsense, let alone women. So I'm excited!

stuaw, McQueer, Humes and 2 others like this.
  16. Ok but now I want a live action Totally Spies movie.

c_0_r_3_y, Remorque, stuaw and 9 others like this.
  17. Yes! I've been wanting this for years. But also not, because i'm sure they would find a way to fuck it up.

18. I really think a third Charlie's Angels movie could still work. It's been 16 years since the last one and the first two films still air regularly on TV (at least here in Canada where I live, they do). If Cameron came out of retirement to do it, I'm sure there would be lots of publicity. They could do so much with the story - what they have been up to in the last decade and how they've changed, etc.

I think Cameron, Drew and Lucy are still beloved by audiences so I think the demand would still be there.

Tribal Spaceman and Sinful like this.
  19. Shoutout to the little seen Man from U.N.C.L.E.

20. BTG

BTG

Yes, give me a live action Totally Spies and just rerelease Here We Go. Miranda Cooper, her mind.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.