Charlotte Cardin | The Popjustice Forum

Charlotte Cardin

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by Josh K, Feb 23, 2021.

1. I searched to see if she already had a thread and I didn’t come across one so forgive me if this happens to be a double post. Charlotte is a Canadian singer/songwriter that is really impressing me with her vocal prowess (that rasp tho!) and her ability to write a catchy melody. I included a few of her songs here and her debut album is coming this April! Let me know what y’all think!

2. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

@Cotton Park entered Passive Aggressive in PJSC 95 last year.

nooniebao and Cotton Park like this.
  3. And I would do it again.

handhugs, nooniebao and londonrain like this.
  4. The Gen Z Céline! Passive Aggressive felt so slept on last year, even here in Canada.

Cotton Park likes this.
  5. Such a great song.

6. Medley performance of her songs on a Québécois reality TV show:

7. Her album is out in just a little over a month on April 23rd. Recent live performances of Meaningless. The first one featured her singing with super underrated Québec duo Milk & Bone:

8. I love her cover of Fous N'importe Où

nooniebao likes this.
  9. Phoenix is already out in some territories:

Edu and bonnieetclyde like this.
  10. I hate the album cover and album title - so generic and tacky, especially when her visuals are pretty good otherwise - but damn, her voice gives me chills.

nooniebao likes this.
  11. Edu

Edu

Yeah, the artwork and title don't really translate the vibe of the record but the album is just alt-pop-girl-singing-moody-bops done so well. One of my favorites from this year for sure.

nooniebao likes this.
  12. Found out about her like two weeks ago - it’s the album of the year so far and one of the strongest debuts I‘ve ever heard. Simply amazing! Her Phoenix Experience concert was so well done. Can’t wait for the signed vinyl to arrive :-)

13. The album’s gorgeous and was definitely worth the long wait. Daddy and Passive Aggressive are still two career highlights for her.

14. Meaningless is a monster. What a voice!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.