Charly Bliss | The Popjustice Forum

Charly Bliss

Discussion in 'Potential next big things' started by xOJakeXo, Dec 12, 2017.

1. (I searched and found no thread... let me know if I missed it).

Saw this band on a few Best Of lists, and loved what I was reading - female fronted, 90s guitars, pop punk. This album absolutely delivers. It's Carly Rae Jepsen's voice atop Veruca Salt guitars and melodies. It's ferocious, confident, fun, and cathartic.

briteness and backstreetjoe like this.
  2. They covered "All I Want For Christmas Is You."

This is actually one of the best covers I've heard! Totally put their own spin on it.

3. new song "Heaven"

4. I've been meaning to check them out. I like Heaven; it reminds me a lot of Lovelife-era Lush.

xOJakeXo likes this.
  5. Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    2014, pop3blow2 and backstreetjoe like this.
  6. I came here to search for this thread, and I'm so happy someone beat me to the punch. "Capacity" is fucking great. I love the purposefully pop sound they're going for. It fits their sound so well. Maybe this is gonna be the record to make them breakthrough more? I'm still completely obsessed with Guppy.

Crisp X likes this.
  7. Second single from the upcoming album:

xOJakeXo likes this.
  8. You beat me to it. They are 2/2! This new intentionally pop sound suits them so well.

9. This is really good! I like the more poppy sound!

10. They're lowkey going to release one of the best albums of the year, I bet. They've always had it in them.

11. This album is gonna be so damn good. 3/3

Crisp X likes this.
  12. Here's the video:

13. Andy French likes this.
  14. New album is out today and I'm seeing them in Leeds tonight. What a great start to the weekend.

15. Gave it one spin last night and it's so good. Can't wait to spend more time with it. They definitely leaned into a more pop sound but it works really well. Great songwriting.

16. I regret to say that I haven’t, but it’s purely because there’s so much music that’s been drawing my attention as of late. I need to get more into them, and soon

xOJakeXo likes this.
  17. The album was good! I only listened once so far but I'll come back to it.

18. They were so good on Friday night. Eva is absolutely adorable and was frequently overwhelmed by the crowd's reactions. I always find it so charming when a band are so appreciative that anyone's turned up. It was Spencer's birthday too so everyone sang Happy Birthday and a cake was brought on-stage. Couldn't have asked for more really!

In other news, how am I just finding out that Spencer is the voice of Dash Parr in The Incredibles?!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.