Charts & Rates Queue | Page 163 | The Popjustice Forum

Charts & Rates Queue

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. I decided that Mis-Teeq and Danity Kane were a bit too 'non-flop' for this rate and have settled on 77 songs, but will likely cut it to somewhere near 73 by the time we go. I also had to cut Serebro because they are releasing music. I'm keeping Aly & AJ because they are a personal favorite, their releases have always flopped, and they've retired so many times that my head is spinning. They say there's music to come, but nothing is on the horizon. Cimorelli & Sweet Califonia also don't techincally fit, but their music has never charted anywhere and they have an album or less of material. They're just added for fun.

3LW - No More (Baby I'm A Do Right), Playas Gon' Play, I Do (Wanna Get Close To You)
    Aly & AJ - Rush, Chemicals React, Potential Breakup Song, Like Whoa, Hothouse
    Appleton - Fantasy, Don't Worry, Everything Eventually
    BG5 - Scratch
    Blaque - 808, Bring It All To Me
    Cimorelli - I Got You, That Girl Should Be Me
    Clea - Download It, Stuck In The Middle, We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off, Lucky Like That
    Clique Girlz - Then I Woke Up, Incredible, The Difference In Me, How Do You Like Me So Far?
    Destinee & Paris - True Love
    Dolly Rockers - Gold Digger, Je Suis Une Dolly? (B-Side demanded)
    Dream - He Loves You Not, This Is Me
    Eden's Crush - Get Over Yourself
    Forever (School Gyrls) - Something Like A Party
    Girlicious - Like Me, Stupid Shit, Baby Doll, Over You, Maniac, 2 In The Morning, Hate Love
    Girls Can't Catch - Keep Your Head Up, Echo
    G.R.L. - Vacation, Wild Wild Love, Ugly Heart, Show Me What You Got, Lighthouse
    M2M - Don't Say You Love Me, Mirror Mirror
    Mini Viva - Left My Heart In Tokyo, I Wish, One Touch
    MKS - Flatline, Lay Down In Swimming Pools
    Neon Jungle - Trouble, Braveheart, Welcome To The Jungle, Louder, Can't Stop The Love
    Parade - Louder, Perfume
    Paradiso Girls - Patron Tequila, Who's My Bitch
    Queensberry - No Smoke, I Can't Stop The Feeling, Too Young, Hello (Turn Your Radio On), Timeless, Girl Like Me
    Stockholm Syndrome - Love Generation, Dance Alone, Just A little Bit, Pretty Girl, Karma
    SoundGirl - Don't Know Why
    Sweet California - This Is The Life, Infatuated
    World Of Girls - Weekend Girl, Summer Without You

@RainOnFire -- If you run into a situation where you need someone to bump up the queue for List B because people aren't ready....I'm letting you know now that I'll answer the call at any time.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  2. A Left My Heart In Tokyo, Braveheart, Flatline, Ugly Heart and Echo, Top 5 please, Hazey babes.

Island, CorgiCorgiCorgi and DJHazey like this.
  3. There are actually so many possibilities for a great Top 5! I'm so excited to run this rate!

I even have an epic thread-title all lined up and ready to go. Kii.

4. @DJHazey I love Aly & AJ as much as the next guy (well) but I don't think they really fit with the rate's concept...perhaps limit it to acts/groups with 1 or no album only?

Just a suggestion...

5. I'd tend to agree with you, but actually you'll find most of these acts have multiple albums. So I had to limit it to artists who had albums that didn't go Top 5/10. Aly & AJ fall well short there. They only had one song hit the Top 20 for either U.S. or UK. Hothouse doesn't really count as an album, because it was never released (even though many of their fans have the songs). If you compare their body of work to most of the groups, it's very comparable. Since we don't know if we'll ever get music from them in the future, this may be our best shot to rate their material...and we're only talking about five singles here anyway.

---

I'm completely game for conversations about the choices, but I've looked at wikipedia discographies and discogs (when I had to) for everyone involved...probably 10 times now. I think we're pretty finalized. It's more if there's a group that multiple people think should be added at this point.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  6. School me sis bro!

DJHazey likes this.
  7. I_CANNOT_USE_REAL_WORDS_PROPERLY_, no I love the dialogue. There's always room for debate!

8. RUNAWAY

RUNAWAY Staff Member

I NEED Who's My Bitch in the top 10 or else this rate is totally pointless. This is going to be epic.

DJHazey likes this.
  9. 2014

2014 Staff Member

Kuhleezi likes this.
  10. Me too. And next weekend I'm leaving for almost a month and won't have good WiFi so I'm really conflicted. Probably will have to miss Ari's rate as well.

11. DJHazey and RainOnFire like this.
  12. MollieSwift21

MollieSwift21 Staff Member

I thought Shania was going to be my last one but

After request from a few people on here can you put me down for The Blade vs Pageant Material vs Untamed vs Hero?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2016
  13. Yasss!

MollieSwift21 likes this.
  14. I finally feel ready and competent enough to host a rate so I looked through the list and noticed that a 'The Pussycat Dolls rate' has not yet happened. Would anyone be interested in that? I grew up with them and what a great discography they have.

tylerc, Jacket, Andrew and 4 others like this.
  15. Ready to 11 Flirt so bring it on!

LA Hallucinations likes this.
  16. I only really know their singles, so please do!

17. My average for PCD the album would be so high. So many tens!

18. I have started to listen to PCD now. I cannot believe how breathtakingly good Buttons hold up. Anthem of a lifetime. What a solid album and what a crying shame I do not own this album. *goes to online webshop*
    Meaning you do not know Flirt? There is a life before Flirt as you knew it and there is life after Flirt.

19. Sprockrooster likes this.
  20. I would love to either participate or host a PCD rate. Buttons is my 11, it's the song of the century.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.