Charts & Rates Queue | Page 554 | The Popjustice Forum

Charts & Rates Queue

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. I voted for option 1 because I've recently started getting into big R&B divas such as Mariah and Janet, specially their 90s/early 00s albums, and a rate like that would be perfect for me to expand my knowledge about the R&B genre.

2. After taking the spot of Soldier in the top 10? I might tank it.
    I'm joking.
    Unless...

berserkboi, slaybellz and londonrain like this.
  3. I’m very much here for a Whitney Singles rate since the last one I took part in ended up being abandoned if I recall correctly but I’m also here for a Destiny’s Child solo rate too.

4. Honestly, I would probably do any rate you run! I lean towards either #1 or #5 for my own taste (and cause I love a good versus rate). I will say I find over time, a lot of the songs I learn from your rates just improve over time. I wasn't super knowledgable on Brandy's catalogue prior to the 1998 rate and now "Almost Doesn't Count" is a playlist staple for me.

5. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

If I do #1 it'll definitely be pitting some huge forum faves (Beyoncé, Janet, Mariah) against some complete forum unknowns who would never get their own rate and would probably be obscure enough to get into a PJ song contest, so there's definitely potential for drama, but also lots of potential for discoveries!

I'm pretty sure #2-#5 will all have enough relatively unknown songs to be interesting too, in fairness, but obviously it's a slightly different kettle of fish when it's not a huge versus rate with so many artists pitted against each other, so there's likely to be a bit less drama!

6. RainOnFire

RainOnFire Staff Member

My vote goes to Whitney - like @SophiaSophia said, the only other Whitney rate got abandoned way back in 2012. I didn't include in the Completed Rates thread either because of that, so technically we haven't had a proper Whitney Houston singles rate and it needs to happen! And @londonrain would be the perfect host for it.

RUNAWAY, Sail On, berserkboi and 6 others like this.
  7. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

Whitney! Whitney! Whitney!

8. berserkboi, aux, soratami and 2 others like this.
  9. Whitney for me too!!

SophiaSophia likes this.
  10. 2014

2014 Staff Member

From talk in the Quirky rate with @Verandi, how about a UK Dance Diva Debut rate?? At the moment it would/could include;

Jessie Ware - Devotion
    Katy B - On A Mission
    FKA Twigs - LP1
    AlunaGeorge - Body Music
    London Grammar - If You Wait
    Delilah - From The Roots Up

Maybe with some selected tracks from;

Becky Hill
    Ella Eyre
    Georgia
    Indiana
    Lapsley
    Raye

Thoughts?? x I.....don't know if I'd be up for hosting but it's just an idea for now that's helped me pass a bit of time dd

11. I'm literally in the middle of a rate right now but let me share this rate idea anyway:

I Bet That You Sound Good On The Dancefloor:
    Dancing To Indie Rock Like You Might Never Have Danced Before
    (AKA 00s Indie Rock Bops Rate)

Sample playlist:

I won't actually do anything with this for a long time, so if anyone wants to use it or do something along the same lines, feel free, and I'm up for helping out.

RUNAWAY, Aester, OspreyQueen and 12 others like this.
  12. I love the idea, though the second set of names feel a bit out of place (and honestly deserving of their own rate?).

Music Is Life and soratami like this.
  13. dd sorry @2014 that was bad timing on my part. I'm extremely here for that rate idea.

14. Welp Indiana's debut perfectly fits. I knew I was forgetting somebody. Ella Eyre would fit more with retro-quirky girls like Paloma I guess. Becky Hill and Georgia are a lil bit too electropop compared to the others?

Trouble in Paradise and soratami like this.
  15. These both sound like fun dddd.

16. Watch me propose 10 Bloc Party songs. Flux would sweep!

17. Yes.

18. I’m totally here for an Indie Bops rate I might have to go through my Indie collection as there’s so many potential 10s.

19. Not ya'll doing rates for all my phases ddd. Yes I would be very down for this. Some suggestions that might fit: The Kooks, Foals, The Wombats, Vampire Weekend, Razorlight, The Pigeon Detectives.

20. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

The disrespect to 12:51.
    I could give out some Canadian indie recs if someone takes this forward.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.