Charts & Rates Queue | Page 613 | The Popjustice Forum

Charts & Rates Queue

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. The Anastacia rate has hit the top 10. Come follow casual fans!

TOP 10
    I'm Outta Love
    Paid My Dues
    You'll Never Be Alone
    One Day In Your Life
    Left Outside Alone
    Time
    Sick & Tired
    Heavy On My Heart
    Welcome To My Truth
    Stupid Little Things

2. Hello friends!

With eliminations underway and the year coming to a close, I've been thinking about how much I enjoy running a yearly queer music rate. However, I have to say the intense song list is simply not sustainable. I've really enjoyed giving full albums their due, but also want to give a taste of the different music out there. So, I'm here for some feedback and ideas!

Here is my current idea: With input from you all, I pick 4 or so main albums from 2020 released by a queer artist. For the extras list, I would only have 20 song spots. Ideally, I would fill it out this way: I pick 10 songs I force onto you all and from a list of ?? there is an optional pre-rate rate to pick the 10 remaining spots. I'd imagine presenting a condensed song list (40 or so songs is what I have in mind) and whoever wants can participate via a Eurovision style ballot. That way the extras that would've been doomed are saved from the onslaught in the main rate but anyone interested in discovering something new has a place to do so!

I do also enjoy the album taster section of this rate and could easily be talked into opening that up more. BUT I also need to make sure I'm stopping the song list from ballooning way out of control! So it may be 3 or so main albums, a couple album tasters (maybe 3 songs?) and a small extras section.

I haven't begun my song selection (@LE0Night has already given me a great starting point!) but for main albums I see SAWAYAMA, and Punisher as definites. I'm thinking Set My Heart on Fire Immediately would also be in contention but I could also see it being done DIRTY and thus a good choice for an album taster. I also really want at least one album by a trans artist included in full but can't say I have an immediate choice off the top of my head! So this is me opening up the floodgates for my next rate as I run my current one cause why not!

Finally,
    if you wanna take this rate on, it's all yours! I in no way want to claim something as vital as spotlighting queer music as my domain only. I'm also happy to co-host or support! I have to say @Cutlery being my back up host and doing graphics has motivated me beyond compare! I can't thank them enough!!

3. FYC!

4. It'd be too obvious for me to suggest it, but I would LOVE if Midnight Sky was included.

5. Also how could I forget the person in my avi:

6. I mean I’ll probably include a song from my problematic fave so why not yours! Spread the wealth (and targeted 0’s)

7. Who's your problematic fav?

8. Love this energy!
    La Roux ddd.

9. eccentricsimply

eccentricsimply Staff Member

FYC

thommyh, Diet Pop!, slaybellz and 2 others like this.
  10. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Queer artists making pop music, you say?

All of these are singles released in 2020 from albums or EPs released in 2020.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  12. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

13. Troye should be included in full to be honest.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
  14. But where was your 12 when I entered this in PJSC though?
    [​IMG]

15. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

Agreed. I’d argue that Bright Light Bright Light’s album should also be included either in full or in substantial part, given that it’s mostly composed of collaborations with LGBTQ artists and he’s probably one of the most discussed gay male artists on the forum who is yet to break through into a mainstream chart.

I gave the song 5 points, which is more than most people did, and I voted for his album in the monthly PJ charts. Let me live.

16. I know dd I flopped so hard that round. It's okay though cause I have another song by a male artist that i've been sitting on for months cause I keep missing the deadline, and you'll definitely 12 this one.

17. Here are some queer suggestions from this year:

18. ohnostalgia

ohnostalgia Staff Member

I would be very upset to see Miley in any queer music rate after everything she said about queer women.. She doesn’t need to be spotlighted anyway, as she’ll have her own rate in 2021.

19. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

A woman who thinks it’s okay to say that women don’t have to be gay because there are good people with dicks out there... really shouldn’t be spotlighted as a queer artist, in my opinion.

GimmeWork, thommyh, evilsin and 7 others like this.
  20. True true. That's fair.

Music Is Death likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.