Charts & Rates Queue | Page 636 | The Popjustice Forum

Charts & Rates Queue

Discussion in 'Charts, rates etc' started by RainOnFire, Nov 19, 2014.

1. 3 WEEKS TO GO

[​IMG]

2. “Britney” is one of her best albums. It better be done right in this rate.

3. I wouldn't know where to start in hosting a rate, but I'd love to take part in one.

Sprockrooster and Maki like this.
  4. I said I'd host one but the response sounded quite muted.

5. Since my current rate will be finished soon, I figured it'd be a good time to share what I'll be doing next:

In My Mind All This Music: The 00s Indie Pop Rate
    +
    Dance Till You're Dead: The 00s Indie Rock Rate

It'll be a double rate, ie two separate rates happening at the same time in the same thread, each with its winner and with people being able to take part in just one of the two, or (preferably) both. The song lists aren't finished yet, and I'm definitely open to suggestions. The plan is for each part to have 30 songs.

6. Amazing! Can I bribe you for some Fluorescent Adolescent, You Were The Last High (We Used To Be Friends fits too) and Little Secrets?

This might be a great option too!

7. Only one song per artist, so no to Fluorescent Adolescent and Little Secrets I'm afraid. The Last High is a great pick though, I added it to the preliminary song list. I'm not a big fan of Float On so I'm not really inclined to include it since the song list is going to be pretty short, so I'd rather stick to songs I actually enjoy, but I'll keep it in mind just in case.

8. FYC!!

Also I don't know if you're 100% set on your selection for each artist but here are some suggestions I consider a bit more dancy or popular than the songs chosen:

The Kills (Cheap And Cheerful or Sour Cherry)
    MGMT (Electric Feel or Kids)
    Razorlight (Before I Fall To Pieces)

j267, An Insider, Diet Pop! and 6 others like this.
  9. Thanks! It's a bit late now but I'll definitely go over the recs tomorrow.

10. Kids by MGMT is such a serve! Acknowledging how awful we are as humans, and encouraging us to do better while being euphoric, enchanting and massive!

[​IMG]
    (or 11s)

On top of this, they serve a beautifully creative video all about perception with elements of horror! @Hudweiser - your favourite Music Video ever?

11. I would suggest for the second rate:
    Good Charlotte - Dance Floor Anthem
    Stereophonics - Dakota

Diet Pop!, Verandi, soratami and 2 others like this.
  12. Hmm how weird, this song randomly came on the other day. First time I'd heard it in ages.

13. Aw, that's a shame.

I'm not sure what my 11 would've been, they have so many songs that I love.

londonrain and Maki like this.
  14. Hoochie mamas, show your nanas...

...or don't. But get your late 90s/early 00s listening caps on.
    Voting opens in less than a month and there aint no rate like...

[​IMG]

15. Oops is in her trinity, bestie. So excited for you to discover Don't Go Knockin' on My Diamond Album.

16. Hummer is THE 00s indie bop.

soratami likes this.
  17. londonrain

londonrain Staff Member

soratami and stevo_1988 like this.
  19. How many days until the Britney rate thread opens?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.