Chelsea Jade - Soft Spot | Page 3 | The Popjustice Forum

Chelsea Jade - Soft Spot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. the amount of jealousy that you have Afterglow is... huge. I can't buy it since it's on US iTunes only and it's NOWHERE online.

2. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  3. Given that we have over half of the album already and because I'm in danger of overplaying her music, I'm going to refrain from playing any more CJ until it's released.

See y'all on July 20th.

[​IMG]

constantino, LE0Night, Island and 2 others like this.
  4. Is giving me

5. Laugh It Off is like deadpan Carly Rae Jepsen, and the video is the right amount of quirky - Roisin Murphy should take note!

6. It's just a concert ad but pfff

[​IMG]

Queen of gif material.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
  7. Island

Island Staff Member

Ddd the piano at the beginning of Laugh It Off reminds me of You Gotta Be.

Des’ree better file another suit!

slaybellz likes this.
  8. I’ve just drank two bottles of wine while waiting for Florence’s album. Understood that I’m definitely not ready for it. So I’ve listened to all Chelsea’s singles and found snippets of Personal Best.
    And I realized that this summer can be the best I’ve ever had. Pure happiness.

9. Two more days until the album’s out!

Island likes this.
  10. Island

Island Staff Member

It's out there!

The intro is a kii.

11. Yes!!! Can’t wait to get into this tonight.

NecessaryVoodoo likes this.
  12. Island

Island Staff Member

I like it but it's kind of like the Anna of the North album where everything is very similar.

13. I really liked this, though I was only familiar with a couple of the singles so a lot of it was new to me. Kudos for the inclusion of "phosphorescence" in a pop song!

Island likes this.
  14. What a nice, breezy listen! Perfect for summer. Life of the Party is still that bop.

Island likes this.
  15. I'm absolutely besotted with this record - I think it's truly extraordinary, and I guess the muted response here is probably due to very little of what's in here being new - yet another awful 2018 album rollout, I suppose (see also: Sway, Bloom, countless others). The way she writes is so clever and affecting - a line like "just hold me closer than you know how to" is such a simple way of conveying complete, ardent desperation.

Txetxu, NecessaryVoodoo and enricll like this.
  16. I am also in love with this record and enjoy it great deal mostly because i only knew Life of the Party prior to the release and went almost blind. Ride or Cry is massive.

17. I'm only two tracks in and wig. I adore her.

Island and NecessaryVoodoo like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.