Chelsea Jade - Soft Spot | Page 6 | The Popjustice Forum

Chelsea Jade - Soft Spot

Discussion in 'Pop & Justice' started by NecessaryVoodoo, Apr 22, 2017.

1. These increasingly shoter playtimes are getting ridiculous.

Jonathan27 and Euphoria like this.
  2. Yeah, I actually ended up cancelling my pre-order ddd. Not paying $30 for a 27 minute "album".

Jonathan27 and enjoy like this.
  3. Well girls, the album is here!

It's great but uh, definitely could have used more material: I'm open to shorter albums but it doesn't feel held together by a particular MO. I'd say Good Taste is the best thing here and I appreciate her leaning further into the bops but something as introspectively self-deprecating as Life of the Party would have been nice. Hoping she doesn't take as long with the next one.

Diet Pop! and Euphoria like this.
  4. I have to admit I laughed at her saying in her Popheads AMA that her favorite song on the album is Soft Spot, the 1 minute intro track.

The album's fine, but it feels unfinished to me. I actually love the sound of Soft Spot, the song, it reminds me a bit of what Shura was doing on Forevher. Would like for her to move more in that direction with the next album. I read that she enjoys sound design, so I'm all for her exploring that moving forward.

Jonathan27 and Diet Pop! like this.
  5. Inland Empire

Inland Empire Staff Member

The material itself is great - I especially adore Tantrum in Duet. But yeah, unfinished doesn't even begin to cover it. I wouldn't mind so much if it was a little holdover album, but it's been four years since Personal Best...which was also a rather short album without much new material.

Jonathan27 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.